Chester pins

If you missed it this weekend you missed some great shooting. Had a real good turnout and a lot of fun seeing SA run for some ammo just to get beaten out of first and second. :O)

hovbuild: Why don't you tell everyone how piss-poorly you shot? You've never even qualified for the shootoffs at the end, and never will. SA John got third in both divisions. He usually wins both. He showed me before the shoot that he was only shooting a .357 mag with less than mag power reloads to see what they would do. I think he still scored 28 in revo. In auto division he shot a perfect 30 and simply got beat in the shootoff to some better guys on that day; it happens. But it never happens for you, does it?

Sydney

Hey Sydney Did you noticed the smiley!!! John knew I was going to tease him and he knows how much I respect his shooting....You should try some prozac it does wonders..And BTW I have shot all season with a 9mm... Two of my best days I knocked down 30 and 29. of course I left 9-12 lying on the tables.Not to bad for somebody that never shot a handgun in his life until this year. This has been due to some great help from other shooters including John. This one I showed up with a s&w 1911 and left one standing ( had the gun for two weeks) and two on the table for a total of 27...I was happy with that now why don't you stick your *&^^&**( you know where!

Bill Hovanasian and if you got a problem show up at he next meet with some money big mouth!

Last edited:
hovbuild: Why don't you tell everyone how piss-poorly you shot? You've never even qualified for the shootoffs at the end, and never will. SA John got third in both divisions. He usually wins both. He showed me before the shoot that he was only shooting a .357 mag with less than mag power reloads to see what they would do. I think he still scored 28 in revo. In auto division he shot a perfect 30 and simply got beat in the shootoff to some better guys on that day; it happens. But it never happens for you, does it?

Sydney

Why all the hostility sir?

Sydney

Pin shooters have creepy groupies? Come on USPSA is way more hip than pin shooting, and we don't get any creepy groupies. [crying]

Where's the love?

When I first got into pistol shooting I started with shooting pins at Mass Rifle and then shot a big pin match in Topton, PA - my fellow shooters were great and only encouraged me to do well - hell, I gave up rifle shooting due to my pin shooting buddies - they then got me hooked on Steel and USPSA shooting.

Seems like the Pin Shooters (on this Forum) today are a bit uptight...what gives?

I noted in a different thread about getting a pin match together at MRA - If there's interest I am sure we could put something together indoors -

Would you folks from the Chester match come down?

Where's the love?

When I first got into pistol shooting I started with shooting pins at Mass Rifle and then shot a big pin match in Topton, PA - my fellow shooters were great and only encouraged me to do well - hell, I gave up rifle shooting due to my pin shooting buddies - they then got me hooked on Steel and USPSA shooting.

Seems like the Pin Shooters (on this Forum) today are a bit uptight...what gives?

I noted in a different thread about getting a pin match together at MRA - If there's interest I am sure we could put something together indoors -

Would you folks from the Chester match come down?

Now that sounds like a great Idea... Only if you let A sucky shooter like me play....:eek:)

Being offline at home now, I don't get to check in but once a week, or so, at the library. Just read Sydney. hovbuilt is a pal and means no harm - this I dig. I did look like a jackass Saturday running my 1911 dry and scuttling for an extra round. (like the gunfighter/preacher in "The Quick and the Dead"- love that movie) And I didn't lose the revolver division because my ammo was underpowered or for lack of caliber (.357), I lost because 2 other shooters shot better. I probably have myself to blame for this pinshooting nastiness for crap that I wrote much earlier on this forum. My approach was wrong then - shooting sports are not like basketball or football where a certain amount of trash-talking is not only the exception, it's the rule. I like most of the guys I shoot with, but I have to agree with whomever refered to "creepy pinshooing groupies."

SA John

Back
Top Bottom