Change of Underwear

Is it just me, or does the author not really understand what survival means? Half his items are "comfort" items that could be replaced with serious survival tools and supplies.

I fail to see why having a few extra pairs of socks and underwear are bad things?

Once your base layers are wet, they are useless. By being able to change into some dry base layers, it could keep you from going into hypothermia.

Don't Know about you guys but they pack alot of stuff for only 72 hours. I mean thats going to be a big bag. I always have a case of water in my jeep since i started to work out more. That and a blanket and a change of cloths and maybe some beef jerky and i can sit in my car and sing show tunes till help arrives. I always keep a flash light with a some unopened pack of batteries in the glove box.

Survival

I fail to see why having a few extra pairs of socks and underwear are bad things?

Once your base layers are wet, they are useless. By being able to change into some dry base layers, it could keep you from going into hypothermia.
Plenty of socks but the scivvies just take up space.

Back
Top Bottom