CCW Permit Question

Just received my CCW for New Hampshire...

Now I have my original flimsy piece of paper in my car next to my registration. But I also used a photo-copier at work to size it down, and then I laminated it so it fits nicely into my wallet.

My question is this:

Does that nicely laminated piece that I KNOW will last me until 2009 work, or must I produce the original and hope it stays together in my wallet until 2009?

I'd think my laminated one would work, since it is fully legable, etc. And I can't see any law for/against it. But I have very little actual experience in this area.

Thanks in advance!!!

Carter

My first NH NR CCW was flimsy paper, but it was the size of a credit card, so I laminated it. Not a problem.

Reducing the size of the real thing/laminating it and carrying it might be iffy. If I were a challenging officer and the person acted reasonably, I'd give it a pass. If someone aroused my suspicions, then I'd pull out the rule book! Attitude is everything, ask any officer you are friendly with.

As noted, non-origional probably depends on the state law.

In MA, you don't have a LTC if you're not carying it IN HAND. That being said, any coppies don't cut it. We can check your license status on "the computer"(It is a pain, but possible), so if all you have is a copy, it can be verified that you do infact have an active LTC.

Some states dont require the license to be in-hand, as its easier to check LTC status in the computer i assume, therefore a copy is OK, becsaue having the origoinal isnt necessary itself...

Personaly, I keep a copy of my LTC at home, in my work bag, with my registration, and in my safe deposit box...

This is based on reading an experience of a PA resident who was arrested on a supposed gun violation, they took his firearms license, then charged him with never having one. Trust no one, and CYA....

Republic of Mass said:
This is based on reading an experience of a PA resident who was arrested on a supposed gun violation, they took his firearms license, then charged him with never having one. Trust no one, and CYA....

The Concord, MA PD also did this to someone. They confiscated his guns and his FID card was in the gun case. Then they charged him with possession without an FID. He had to get CHSB to come up with a microfiche copy for his own defense. This happened in 1998-9, his first name was Alex (was it Coutreau?) and I think his lawsuit against the town of Concord might still be pending. Last I knew, he never got his guns back and they wouldn't issue him a LTC or FID either. Of course, he was representing himself in court which didn't help his case any. [I think that I have read that SUBSEQUENT to the events I noted above, he got divorced and was charged with some DV issues, so he's damaged goods at this point and even if he was right in the beginning, it's unlikely that he'll ever get his guns/FID back.

Republic of Mass said:
Personally, I keep a copy of my LTC at home, in my work bag, with my registration, and in my safe deposit box...

I scan my documents into my computer (DL, Reg, LTC, C&R FFL, etc.). After I looked at what a photocopy of my FFL looked like (license number was "mud"), I scanned them and print for copies to send out . . . they are perfectly readable. Great backup to have too.

Back
Top Bottom