CCW class at Sig Academy

I just finished the 2 day intermediate course at the Sig Academy.I ve never been there before and it is a great facility.I shot 400 rounds in the 2 days and the drills that we did were extremely helpful.The first day started a bit slow with different holster choices etc.Shortly at about 11 we started to get busy at the range.The course gives you the confidence you need to carry a firearm with the experience by trying an array of drills.I even shot on my back at 15yrds hitting a popper steel target through a cardboard 4"x6" square hole 14 yrds away without hitting the cardboard.Shooting at a moving target going left and right. You are moving left and right shooting stationary targets.Engaging multiply targets,shooting from a seated position such as a car. Shooting most of these drills from your strong hand then your weak one.There was a bunch more,but most clubs wont let you practice these drills or even let you draw from your holster so I enjoyed the freedom to do so there. Well anyway it was fun and informative. Just my 2 cents

I took a course there and at first was a bit freaked out shooting so close to the back stop. I had never shot the frangible ammunition before. I trusted them that it would be safe but everything I had learned over 47 years of shooting was saying something not right here.

Glad you had a good time. Also, thanks for the report on the class. I have looked online at their course descriptions and played the whole "what if"... Good to know what to expect.

I used to balk at the idea of spending the money on tactics courses. Thought it was too much money to spend. Now that I am slightly older (26)...I realize what a fool I am for thinking that!

I now have dreams of going to Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, and LFI!!!

Glad you had a good time. Also, thanks for the report on the class. I have looked online at their course descriptions and played the whole "what if"... Good to know what to expect.

I used to balk at the idea of spending the money on tactics courses. Thought it was too much money to spend. Now that I am slightly older (26)...I realize what a fool I am for thinking that!

I now have dreams of going to Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, and LFI!!!

Anyone who owns at least one handgun should spend the money on a quality handgun training course before buying another firearm. Learn to use what you have before you buy more!

I suppose the same could be applied to rifles too...

Back
Top Bottom