CCI .38 cal shotshells

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Just had some of these given to me. I have a squirrel in my barn and was wondering if these would do the job. They have 135 pieces of #9 shot in them.

If I use it, it most likely wouldn't blow holes in my barn roof, since I'd have to shoot it indoors, this is good, but I wonder what range (if any) these would work.

Anyone know?

Dennis,

I've never tried them on squirrels, but they are effective on rats to about 30' (maybe longer, 30' was the longest shot I took). As you probably know, the spin imparted by the rifling causes the shot to spread out much more rapidly than in a shotgun.

The shot pattern will be very large. Hell, I shot one (a .38) at a slow fire target at about 20 feet and the pattern covered the entire board. It should not do more than nick the walls of your barn but it will not do the squirrel any good whatsoever.

My dad once used a .45 ACP shell on a beehive that someone had become established on our porch overnight. The only damage it did to the roof was easily painted over. Course, try that in Boston and the police will arrest you for attempted murder.

Back
Top Bottom