Capitol City R&P Match Schedule

Here's the URL:

http://www.capitolcityrpc.org/modules.php?name=Match_Schedule

I run the rimfire benchrest matches and welcome all to try the game. It sounds easy, just put the rifle on the bags and pull the trigger, but it isn't that simple.

The great thing about rimfire BR is that everyone can compete, younger kids through 80 year-olds. In fact a newbie beat almost everyone at the last match of the year in 2006.

It would be great to have more clubs running matches in or near Maine. We're the only one in Maine and the closest is at Pinnacle Mtn, near Manchester, New Hampshire.

It's pretty easy to get started if a club has a centerfire BR range or just a few benches. We actually share a rimfire rifle range, using movable benches.

John Picher

It's too bad you guys don't do highpower events.
Always looking for a new place to go shooting.

We ran them for many years and just stopped a few years ago for the same old reasons...no match director or few shooters!!! Those are why we and other clubs don't have lots of competitions that we used to have, or why we can't seem to get things started in new fields, including NRA outdoor pistol, IMHSA, "Best Darned Shot in Maine", rimfire rifle silhouette, and others.

If you, or anyone you know, would like to run matches, we'd probably be happy to run them again, or in some cases, start new competitions. The club, at least, is not hurting for members or money, just match directors and other volunteers.

John Picher
Rimfire Benchrest Match Director

That's pretty tough. I hardly qualify to direct a match. Might be a future pursuit. I happen to be moving to NC this summer though. I hope "Fred" is all he's cracked up to be as I'll probably be shooting at the RWVA or whatever it's called.

Back
Top Bottom