Can't use ATF Efile?

Bt74

NES Member
Registered an account with the ATF to Efile for a form 1 SBA build a couple of months ago. Had an NFA Trust created and tried to log onto my efile account. I probably transposed something as it showed an invalid password notice. Tried a couple of more times and of course the "too many attempts/account locked call support desk" popped up.
I called the support desk, got a recording to leave my phone #, and about 10 minutes later they actually called me back. The lady tried to unlock the account, said she couldn't, and gave me an email address to a guy at the DOJ that could help.
Contacted him, and he said it was reset, with a temp password. According to him, I had to use IE8 to have it function correctly. Dug out my old lap top with the old IE8 browser.....and I'm still locked out. Contacted him again and he kid of blew me off.
My question: has anyone had this happen to them, and am I making a mistake to try to re-register? I asked this guy in an email if he could scrub the account and I would start from scratch, but he didn't reply. Otherwise, I guess I'm just going to have to do a paper submission????

I used the newest version of Chrome with no problems.

I ran into this password issue when I first created my account I didn't get locked out but all I did was did the forgot password thing and got a new one. I then changed it to something else and saved it elsewhere and made sure that's exactly what it was. I copied and pasted the password when it asked prior to submitting (make sure you don't have any spaces highlighted when Ctrl+C copying it) and my problem went away

Once the guy claimed it was unlocked, I tried the new password and it immediately said I had made too many attempts...as if it were not really unlocked. I think the problem is that it is NOT unlocked at the ATFs end, but the guy does not respond to my emails. Like I said, I asked him if I could just establish a new account, maybe have the ATF erase the existing one...but he does not respond.

Strange.. phone calls no good either? I'd call again and hopefully be able to get someone helpful on the line

edit- also when the guy claimed it was unlocked and you tried it were you still on the phone with him?

Last edited:
No, he Emailed the info, never spoke with the guy on the phone, the "help desk" girl was by phone. I'm going to try calling them again.

On newer versions of IE add the domain or IP address to the Compatibility View Settings. This will make the newer versions of IE behave like IE8.

Did this issue get resolved?

Yes it did, I should have posted a follow up. I called the help desk again...and the girl gave me a new password and I was able to log right on. I think the original "unlock" did not actually unlock the account, so I think the problem was on their end, not my computer(s). Submitted my form 1 on 1/15....hope it goes thru with no kickbacks!

On newer versions of IE add the domain or IP address to the Compatibility View Settings. This will make the newer versions of IE behave like IE8.

I can log in, then once I try to click the Form 1 efile form nothing comes up, and it just gets redirected back to the same page. Any idea what to do? I've tried using 4 browsers....

All set...I guess the website was just messed up earlier today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom