-

I saw that online the other day. Cannon safes have been around for years. Only problem for me is it freakin W I D E. I would be all over this, if I had some room.

Shipping and handling is included in price too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I got one of the cannon safes from Costco. Can't beat the price. It's include shipping charges and the shipper will unload on your driveway/garage.

The one I got is 60x30x23. I think the only drawback is the some consumer don't like the electronic lock. If you forgot the combination, you'll be lockout.

From my experience, everything work well. I just need to remember to refresh the battery.

I got one of the cannon safes from Costco. Can't beat the price. It's include shipping charges and the shipper will unload on your driveway/garage.

The one I got is 60x30x23. I think the only drawback is the some consumer don't like the electronic lock. If you forgot the combination, you'll be lockout.

From my experience, everything work well. I just need to remember to refresh the battery.

Thanks chinalfr. With your model, can you take the door off the safe easily? Im really thinking about getting this safe, but it may have to be moved sometime in the future (next year) and am wondering if me, my two brothers, and a friend or two would be able to rig something up to move it. I just dont want to buy this safe on sale and then in a year pay a professional to move it..kind of defeats the purpose of buying it on sale

All electronic keypad safes have an alternate method of entry.

I called cannon the other day to ask about the electronic lock and what if the lock malfunctions? Their alternative method is through a locksmith. They also explained the lock is covered under warrenty for 5 years.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks chinalfr. With your model, can you take the door off the safe easily? Im really thinking about getting this safe, but it may have to be moved sometime in the future (next year) and am wondering if me, my two brothers, and a friend or two would be able to rig something up to move it. I just dont want to buy this safe on sale and then in a year pay a professional to move it..kind of defeats the purpose of buying it on sale

I just check the safe door. It's impossible to be removed.

Here is a drawback about cannon safe. The door hinge design suck bigtime. Because of the design, the door cannot swing wide open (greater 130 degree)

I will prefer Costco Bighorn safe over cannon because of this limitation. Bighorn safe has external hinge which allow you to swing to 180 degree and the ability to remove the door from the hinges.

On the plus side, cannon safes has build in powerbox. It's easy to hook up dehumidifier or light fixture inside the safe.

Incorrect, unless you count physical attack. Low end keypad safes tend to have a key override. Serious electronic locks (S&G, LaGard, Kaba Mas, etc.) bearing Group I ratings do not have an alternate entry, although some models come with a non-resettable master combination.

I saw that ad, wish I had room for another safe here. I wouldn't worry about the electronic lock, they work great and your chances of any problems is pretty much non existent. AS for taking the door off, not sure why, but I remember reading not to try removing the doors. As for moving a 500lb safe, my Winchester Legacy weighs 1000lbs, 4 of us moved it into the house with much fear and trepidation.. I had put down the cardboard on the rug so as not to mess up the rug, when we got into the doorway on the cardboard, gave it a little push, it glided like it was on ice!!! We slid it right over to it's home then muscled it the rest of the way. This is the one time I liked living in a raised ranch..

As a side note, we have one of the biggest safe suppliers in the northeast here in Menden, Ma., Eastern Security Safe. They have hundreds of safes in stock, all sizes and brands.... you may try calling them and tell them about the Costco deal. Maybe they can do ya better.. When I searched out my safe, I ended up purchasing from them, in the end they gave me my best deal and just an awsome safe. 508-473-1048... One last point, when we got to the store, it was amazing all the safes on display, we were able to browse through all shapes, sizes, colors and brands....good luck.

I saw that ad, wish I had room for another safe here. I wouldn't worry about the electronic lock, they work great and your chances of any problems is pretty much non existent. AS for taking the door off, not sure why, but I remember reading not to try removing the doors. As for moving a 500lb safe, my Winchester Legacy weighs 1000lbs, 4 of us moved it into the house with much fear and trepidation.. I had put down the cardboard on the rug so as not to mess up the rug, when we got into the doorway on the cardboard, gave it a little push, it glided like it was on ice!!! We slid it right over to it's home then muscled it the rest of the way. This is the one time I liked living in a raised ranch..

As a side note, we have one of the biggest safe suppliers in the northeast here in Menden, Ma., Eastern Security Safe. They have hundreds of safes in stock, all sizes and brands.... you may try calling them and tell them about the Costco deal. Maybe they can do ya better.. When I searched out my safe, I ended up purchasing from them, in the end they gave me my best deal and just an awsome safe. 508-473-1048... One last point, when we got to the store, it was amazing all the safes on display, we were able to browse through all shapes, sizes, colors and brands....good luck.

This.

I actually spoken to the vendor (after safe purchase from costco). I meet them at a local gun show (Wilmington or Marlborough). I would have taken a different view when purchasing a safe. I will recommend to talk to a professional. They can help you making a better purchase choices.

I have no regret on my purchase, but I will seek advice from professional. Costco purchase is just a quick fix to my need, but I seems to overgrown it in no time. [laugh][laugh]

This.

I actually spoken to the vendor (after safe purchase from costco). I meet them at a local gun show (Wilmington or Marlborough). I would have taken a different view when purchasing a safe. I will recommend to talk to a professional. They can help you making a better purchase choices.

I have no regret on my purchase, but I will seek advice from professional. Costco purchase is just a quick fix to my need, but I seems to overgrown it in no time. [laugh][laugh]

Don't ya know, my friend...

I bought the largest safe I could afford, pretty much one of the largest made at the time within financial reason, 72x40x27.... it was full before I was done... no thanks to your contribution.. [grin]

I try to buy at specialty shops. A place the services what they sell and can educate you on your purchase. Some manufacturers make things so they look good for people little knowledge of the product. Just my oppinion.

I try to buy at specialty shops. A place the services what they sell and can educate you on your purchase. Some manufacturers make things so they look good for people little knowledge of the product. Just my oppinion.

Right on Billy, I agree. I'm sure the Cannon is a fine safe for the money.. but a little input from a local distributer and the ability to see, touch and feel can't be replaced with an ad online. I found myself thinking about where I could put another safe after seeing the Cannon....

Incorrect, unless you count physical attack. Low end keypad safes tend to have a key override. Serious electronic locks (S&G, LaGard, Kaba Mas, etc.) bearing Group I ratings do not have an alternate entry, although some models come with a non-resettable master combination.

I tried to check the Cannon low end safes to see if there is a key backup and can't find anything mentioning it. I would have jumped on this deal otherwise.

I got THIS Cannon 24 gun safe from Tractor Supply, but with a dial in lieu of the electronic key pad( which I believe Cannon uses 3 or 4 different key pad makers). I know its not the best safe in the world, but it will keep my young boys out and hopefully deter most would be thieves. It was on sale for $499 and has the electronic outlet inside and the 30min fire rating.

I got THIS Cannon 24 gun safe from Tractor Supply, but with a dial in lieu of the electronic key pad( which I believe Cannon uses 3 or 4 different key pad makers). I know its not the best safe in the world, but it will keep my young boys out and hopefully deter most would be thieves. It was on sale for $499 and has the electronic outlet inside and the 30min fire rating.

Just curious, can you add more long gun capacity to the right of the rifles shown here or are those shelves not configurable?

Just curious, can you add more long gun capacity to the right of the rifles shown here or are those shelves not configurable?

Sorry I didn't see you question before now. Yes, the shelves on the right can come out, actually the the large top shelf that the middle divider is under is also removable. I'm thinking of cutting the divider down as my AR's are a little too short to be able to utilize the top shelf cut-outs for the barrels. I will probably have to remove the shelves soon [sad], the right side I have 1 shotgun and 6 AR's and it is full.

Back
Top Bottom