CANCELED///Tactical rifle match Bass River

TY43215

NES Member
Bass River R&G club will hold a Tactical rifle/carbine match on Sunday February 17 at the outdoor range on Scenic Cape Cod bay.

Four stages with good round count to make it worth the trip. We will be using IDPA scoring. No shots past 50 yards.

Any semi auto battle rifle or carbine or pistol caliber semi auto carbine welcome.

Sign in for squadding at 0930 shooting starts at 10AM. All are welcome from Novice to master. If you are new to this type of shooting come on down but tell us you are new and we will give you a mentor.

Fee is $15

Any questions please e mail Mr Negativity at the following e mail TY43215 at Comcast.net

See you there

Last edited:
Oh, too bad, that is the same day as the AFS match and I'll be there taking Supermoto's money.

High round count and 50 yard max sounds like fun.

Scopes, iron sights, Night vision if you want it. This is a fun match to give us all some trigger time. Only thing we will not allow is full auto The neighbors complain a little.

Two divisions will be Optics and No optics. Remember, this is not a USPSA match. It is IDPA targets with IDPA scoring and our rules that are made up as we go along [smile]

My company is sending me to Pella, Iowa on that day for a week of training. I can't believe I'm missing 2 matches. I was trying to time a flight that would allow me to shoot on Sunday then get to the airport but that's not going to happen!!! Good luck at the matches...

How much ammo do we have to bring and do we need to bring a pistol too.

This is a rifle match not multi gun so I guess the answer is No to the pistol.

As for round count, I am the wrong one to ask that question because I always have about 500 rounds with me [wink] I would guess 4 stages, anywhere from 30 to 45 rounds each plus misses. Maybe more, maybe less.

The stages will not be final until they hit the ground. As stated before, this is a fun match so make sure you bring enough ammo to have fun [smile]

ive got about 300 rnds of wolf and 1500 rnd of privi I was saving for a class. So ive got enough ammo for sure. As far as the pistol I didnt knwo if we could use a pistol as a back up if a rifle goes down mid run.

-DM-

ive got about 300 rnds of wolf and 1500 rnd of privi I was saving for a class. So ive got enough ammo for sure. As far as the pistol I didnt knwo if we could use a pistol as a back up if a rifle goes down mid run.

-DM-

I just checked some of my Wolf ammo and found that the bullets are attracted to a magnet. If there is no steel penetrator in the bullet then the jacket material is steel with some copper plating. There is no way I am going to fire this crap in my expensive AR barrel.

I just checked some of my Wolf ammo and found that the bullets are attracted to a magnet. If there is no steel penetrator in the bullet then the jacket material is steel with some copper plating. There is no way I am going to fire this crap in my expensive AR barrel.

They are copper jacketed rounds AFIK. You do realize that Wolf is polymer coated steel cased ammo right?

Last edited:
What is the actual address of the club, so I can map quest it. I am about 75% sure I am going, so it might be a good idea to know how to get there.

P.S. Sorry about the wolf thing. I had no intentions of starting a thread war.

-DM-

Directions are on the web site

http://www.bassriverrod-gunclub.com/

It is pretty straight forward.

Rte 6 to Exit 8 (Union Street) coming on cape turn left off the exit toward Rte 6A. When you get to 6A turn right. Club entrance is less than a mile on your left on Rte 6A just after Pizza By Evan (MMMMM goooood)
Drive onto club property and keep bearing right until you find us on the outdoor rifle range.

Back to the top.

Due to Illness and unexpected family commitments by staff, this match has been canceled.

E mail was sent to the usual suspects and a sign will be posted at the gate Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom