Can you buy pre-ban guns online in Massachusetts?

Creedmoor

NES Member
I searched.

Can I purchase pre-ban guns on gunbroker and ship to FFL in Massachusetts?

Looking to add to my collect Uzi and FN FAL.

Thank you

Where are you located??? Probably people can help with shops that are more prone to help and which ones to avoid.

Yes, but as others said get your FFL lined up first (preban rifles are legal here, but still some FFLs don’t want to deal with it and some don’t accept shipment from individuals). Also confirm with the seller that they’ll ship here. Some are overly conservative and won’t ship anything to MA. Better to get that all squared away before you send payment.

Located in North shore MA
Try Steve at Northeast Arms in Peabody @sschevy. (Edited, not chevy265)
Precision Point Firearms in Woburn. Not sure if Chris has a handle on here.
Precision Point Firearms

Maybe wait until after Christmas though. If someone calls me for work today, they go on the naughty list.

Last edited:
Make sure the SELLER will ship first then find a MA FFL that will accept it

Many sellers just wont play with Mass
This is good advice. I had a seller once that was irate because I had won an auction for an FN 49. Wanted to know why I even bid because semi auto rifles are banned in MA. He eventually sought out advice from someone more knowledgeable and did ship it, but many people are either uninformed or don't want to be informed and just have a blanket "no ship to MA" policy. Ask the seller and the MA dealer

Gunbroker PRO TIP.

When looking for the FFL on GB, do not put your ZIP and select 50 miles, you will always find a lot of FFLs, but not all, many are missing. Instead, put the zip code of the FFL you want it shipped to and search for the minimum distance, I believe it is 5 miles.

I recently bought 2 guns and both times I had to do that with an FFL up in Northern MA.

If the dealer has done business with someone on GB before chances are the FFL is already on file with GB so you dont need to bother the FFL with all the info.

If you need to bother the FFL, provide your name, the SELLER, the auction number, the gun you purchased ....

Always ask the receiving FFL before you select them for shipping.

This is good advice. I had a seller once that was irate because I had won an auction for an FN 49. Wanted to know why I even bid because semi auto rifles are banned in MA. He eventually sought out advice from someone more knowledgeable and did ship it, but many people are either uninformed or don't want to be informed and just have a blanket "no ship to MA" policy. Ask the seller and the MA dealer
AND dont count on the seller to disclose this up front or in a description.

A Real FN herstal fal is going to be big money. most are going to be safe queens that were too expensive to shoot. And then others that have been Really used. For a big ticket item like that, I’d want to see it or at least be dealing with a dealer with a very good rep and return/ inspection options. And also a local dealer that is going to be ok with dealing with that.

if you are not hung up on a real FN there are lots of fal options and configs out there.

Back
Top Bottom