can we add IGNORE to the classified ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rep308

NES Member
I love the classified ads sections and as seen by my Feedback score I've used it frequently. However,

Can we please add the ability to add the ability to ignore post in the classified sections? If you add a person to your ignore list their ads in the classified sections are still visible. Could we alternatively add a restriction on how many times you can bump your ad or add a time limit on ads? Perhaps some of us are not interested in a pedestal sink, multiple knives, left handed holsters, or overpriced firearms? I hate to mark all classified ads as read because someone is clearly abusing the current system.

If your stuff hasn't sold in say in 2, maybe 4 clearly 6 months it is junk or overpriced. Anyone else share this view or should I just climb back under my rock?

Seriously? How is this even a topic? GMAFB

Uh if you add someone to ignore list then thehre posts are not visible.

Nope, their ads in the Classified Section are still visible and the posts still appear when you choose the "new posts" options

I cannot believe we are actually debating this. I would rather be caught naked with a barbie doll than crying about how forum posts are hurting my feelngs.

If on your ignore list, you cannot read their posts. They may pop up as new posts or whatever by try clicking on them and they are not actually read-able. So you cannot read them. I know this because i have like 20 people on my ignore list.

regardless, i don't see how it's that painful. Who cares. There are plenty of idiots on this forum just like there are plenty of idiots out in the world. Maybe worry less about the nuances of how an online forum are design and perhaps sharpen your ignoring skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to nitpick, but couldn't you simply scroll past and ignore the posts?

^ding ding winner

I cannot believe we are actually debating this. I would rather be caught naked with a barbie doll than crying about how forum posts are hurting my feelngs.

If on your ignore list, you cannot read their posts. They may pop up as new posts or whatever by try clicking on them and they are not actually read-able. So you cannot read them. I know this because i have like 20 people on my ignore list.

regardless, i don't see how it's that painful. Who cares. There are plenty of idiots on this forum just like there are plenty of idiots out in the world. Maybe worry less about the nuances of how an online forum are design and perhaps sharpen your ignoring skills.

- - - Updated - - -

^ding ding winner
Do you cry when you're wrong? Get some tissues.

Due to the way dealers are managed in the forum, they're moderators for their classified sections and cannot be ignored. This has been brought up before and the general response is to deal with it.

You can mitigate the issue a bit by marking the forum section as read in one fell swoop.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The guys that have 15 ads and suddenly bump all of them at the same time pisses me off. Suddenly that douches overpriced junk takes the first 2 pages.
Or the guy who marks his item "sold" by the 2nd or 3rd day of posting it, then post the same exact thing again just to stay on the first 2 pages.

After you see the bumps happening go to the Classified Forums and find Forum Tools: Mark This Forum Read. in the section header. Click it. For best results make sure you are in the Parent Forum .

A couple of clicks that usually takes care of 90 % of the ads for a few hours.

I know what you mean. I've been looking for a genuine german or portuguese K98 for months [smile], and the same old stuff gets bumped to the first page.
Once in a while I find a yugo mauser on page 17.

The guys that have 15 ads and suddenly bump all of them at the same time pisses me off. Suddenly that douches overpriced junk takes the first 2 pages.
Or the guy who marks his item "sold" by the 2nd or 3rd day of posting it, then post the same exact thing again just to stay on the first 2 pages.

When I see this I figure there's no one in the shop so they have nothing to do but bump ads. The "best" is when one particular seller is bumping ads from 2013........great firearms but to keep it fresh you'd think he would redo them with current dates.

Sure there are some guys who are high and have never ending bumps. I can't be bothered to get upset at overpriced stuff or them.

The only downside is that the good stuff priced right gets stuffed deeper into the pages. The upside is that I still have my money because I didn't see it. [smile]

If you don't like something you see in the newspaper do you A) read it B) scan over it or C) ignore it? I would apply the age old manner of ignoring it. I think in years past ignoring enemies has proven to be detrimental.

I've stopped reading the classifieds because of all the repeat/multiple-ads-same-people/etc, look at my feedback, I clearly used to buy stuff here.

I don't mind seeing the same stuff for months...I just skip right over it. I also don't mind going 10 pages deep in the classifies. I just wish things got marked as sold...so I don't have to get that disappointing PM back. NES classifies are infinitely better than Armslists.

I don't mind seeing the same stuff for months...I just skip right over it. I also don't mind going 10 pages deep in the classifies. I just wish things got marked as sold...so I don't have to get that disappointing PM back. NES classifies are infinitely better than Armslists.
Every gun I sell gets sold right after a bump. I also think that some of the private sellers are dealers. And yes we all know who has been bumping the same crap for 3 years or selling the overpriced "custom" guns. My pet peeve still remains marking something as sold and then bumping it to the top.

Every gun I sell gets sold right after a bump. I also think that some of the private sellers are dealers. And yes we all know who has been bumping the same crap for 3 years or selling the overpriced "custom" guns. My pet peeve still remains marking something as sold and then bumping it to the top.

I would have to agree...don't bump sold items. Just change WTS to SOLD.

It's nice you found something to complain about.

So, in review, you want us to somehow find a way to hide the ads you don't like?

Sure, we'll get right on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom