Can I get a CZ scorpion with faux suppressor in MA?

Or to trigger moonbat liberals.

Meh - if a gun is still 'loud', it's a non-issue.

For some weapons like the MAC, the 'fake suppressor' gives the shooter something else to hold-onto to keep the weapon on-target, and provide a mounting surface for sights/optics. The original Ingram MAC-10 came factory-stock with a 2-stage suppressor. Without it, the gun was a psychotic bullet-hose that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at full-chat. All MAC barrels are threaded for their easy installation.

I like them because they provide good esthetic 'camouflage' for extra-long non-sbr carbine barrels.

The Gun Parlor as an SBR Sig Sauer MPX ready for sale.
MPX (SBR) $1,899.99
Tax Stamp $ 200.00
Transfer Fee $ 150.00
Engraving $ 50.00
Total: $ 1,949.99

Gartman Arms had a CZ Scorpion with faux Suppressor when I was in there last Saturday, it was some where above the $1,000, if I remember correctly but don't quote me $1,040.

I wanted a 9mm carbine and I liked the MPX but it's not good value in my humble opinion, $1,400-1,500 price point at best.

I ended up getting the Kriss Vector CRBII in Alpine white, great fun range gun, I picked up some pre-ban 17 round and 33 round silly sticks for it.
The 33 sticks are expensive toys, you can not help shooting tons of ammo, one range trip and I went through 800 rounds of 9mm. The alpine white looks great but pain the rear to keep clean. [rofl]

Best of look with your choice.

Harry

I bought a scorpion from Bay State Firearms in Peabody. They had both options, but I went with the non-shrouded barrel. They had a gunsmith pin (I think they said he actually used epoxy?) the folding stock.

It's a fun gun. pretty accurate out of the box with a bunch of different types of ammo. much better trigger after you install some lighter springs from HBI Industries. Plus, spare mags are cheap.

epoxy is not considered "permanent" by ATF guidelines, its actually spelled out that "epoxys" and "locktite" are not permissible as permanent alterations

I recently massified a Scorpion Evo for a customer and it was kind of a PITA but not impossible. The folding nature of the stock is the trickiest part, as it usually is on most rifles being made compliant.

Replacing it with a fixed stock would be my choice but haven't found one for the Scorpion.

Went to Baystate Firearms today but they didn't have any Evos in stock.

Any feedback on this rifle? Is it worth the price? I've been wanting a PCC for a while now since, for me, .223/5.56 is a bit expensive to shoot ~40.00 per/100rd box. 9mm is cheap these days.

I've also been considering a new classic Sig P226 w/E2 grips since all of my collection is plastic, literally. Any feedback on the Sig, pros/cons? Every time I get some coin to spend, I can't figure out how to spend it. Ammo is always an option too.

Last edited:
Wait for the Uzi-Pro to CZ Scorpion Magazine Adapters to become readily available?

Went to Baystate Firearms today but they didn't have any Evos in stock. Any feedback on this rifle? Is it worth the price? I've been wanting a PCC for a while now
My trust has an SBR'd EVO, we held off on getting the Evo while magazines were in short supply. I'm not sure I'd want to own a PCC without plenty of standard capacity magazines to feed it.

epoxy is not considered "permanent" by ATF guidelines, its actually spelled out that "epoxys" and "locktite" are not permissible as permanent alterations

Question is, was he pinning the stock for ATF purposes to avoid running afoul of the NFA, or pinning it to make it compliant with the Mass AWB? Would epoxy be sufficient for Mass? Because that stupid roll pin is not exactly difficult to pull out of an AR stock.

OAL includes stock in LONGEST configuration, to the end of barrel/stock/pinned device

Question is, was he pinning the stock for ATF purposes to avoid running afoul of the NFA, or pinning it to make it compliant with the Mass AWB?
NFA?

BATFE measures OAL with the stock in the fully-extended open position. TMK, only a few state laws care about folding stocks (specifically CA, MA, MI).

Last edited:
Went to Baystate Firearms today but they didn't have any Evos in stock.

Any feedback on this rifle? Is it worth the price? I've been wanting a PCC for a while now since, for me, .223/5.56 is a bit expensive to shoot ~40.00 per/100rd box. 9mm is cheap these days.

I've also been considering a new classic Sig P226 w/E2 grips since all of my collection is plastic, literally. Any feedback on the Sig, pros/cons? Every time I get some coin to spend, I can't figure out how to spend it. Ammo is always an option too.

I put 6 boxes thru an Evo that fellow range member let me try. Fun gun. I considered one for my boys, who loved it, but not sure how 10rd mags would detract from fun factor. We were up in Maine using the guys jungle clipped 30rd mags, which drained quickly.

I have a 226 and 229. Both are boringly reliable and accurate. If you like the da/sa trigger they're awesome handguns.

The scorpion sucks as a pistol. While waiting for the form 1 approval I shot it a single time during that near year long wait. As an SBR it brings a smile to everyone's face that shoots it and with a can its stupid fun. Nearly no recoil and not intimidating at all. My wife knocks down steel like a champ with it.

I was debating between the MPX and the Scorpion too. The price of the Sig and the mags were the deciding factor... Sig mags were almost double the price as CZ when I was looking.

Now hk94 clone vs Scorpion is another question.
I always wanted an HK94/MP5/PDW until I was handling and shooting one. It weighs (it seemed to me) a metric shit ton and has a lot of shortcomings like no bolt hold open. I ended up picking an MPX as I think it is actually a much better design and would like to SBR it. Which I think will end the cravings for a PDW, not that I could afford a real one anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thx! I was thinking of a scenario where for transport, the stock is off, and once at the range I just put it on with tools. But, sounds like that’s not legal.

Back
Top Bottom