Can I get a CZ scorpion with faux suppressor in MA?

Hi,

I was wondering if I can make this gun compliant for MA? I really like the look of it and have been wanting one.

I know in MA you cannot have adjustable stock, so I can get that pinned, right?

Can the faux suppressor be pinned?

And if so, just out of curiosity, how does a gunsmith pin an over the barrel suppressor?

Thanks!

Last edited:
As long as you don't mean the pistol sized one, shouldn't be a problem if you permanently pin the faux one. Threaded barrels on a post '94 rifle is one of the no-nos with pistol grips and removable magazine outside of the grip.

As long as you don't mean the pistol sized one, shouldn't be a problem if you permanently pin the faux one. Threaded barrels on a post '94 rifle is one of the no-nos with pistol grips and removable magazine outside of the grip.

Do you know how an over the barrel suppressor is pinned? I see how a regular one and how muzzle brakes are pinned/welded. But I can't seem to find an over the barrel suppressor pin example

the faux suppressor on the CZ is nothing more than a hollow tube with a 1/4 inch open air gap between the tube wall and barrel , it can not be pinned in any way that would be cosmetically acceptable or even remotely secure

I got one with no issue and the faux suppressor is not pinned either nor would I worry about that. The suppressor is a bitch to get off in the first place it doesn't just unscrew easily.

Aesthetics

Curious why one would want a faux suppressor.
Aesthetics.
Scorp_blurb.jpg

tkElfdpl.jpg

Last edited:

I agree with Darth, but there is one other thing.

The pistol sized one is perfectly legal in MA if you make it into a SBR and register accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious why one would want a faux suppressor.

Yeah. Its stupid. Get the one with the standard barrel and muzzle brake.

- - - Updated - - -

One last thing. Lets not forget that the Sig MPX can also be made MA legal.

I personally like the MPX better.

Don

I bought a scorpion from Bay State Firearms in Peabody. They had both options, but I went with the non-shrouded barrel. They had a gunsmith pin (I think they said he actually used epoxy?) the folding stock.

It's a fun gun. pretty accurate out of the box with a bunch of different types of ammo. much better trigger after you install some lighter springs from HBI Industries. Plus, spare mags are cheap.

One last thing. Lets not forget that the Sig MPX can also be made MA legal.

I personally like the MPX better.

Don

Is only the 9mm MA acceptable, not the 5.56?

I like the MPX too but it's almost double the price. HBI has a lot of good upgrades for the CZ it seems, AK lever, handguard. The 15" rail might be cool too.

Just not sure I want to spend all that on a range gun.

HBI-15.13-Scorpion-Evo-Handguard-0-600x600.jpg

So in theory, I can get a Sig MPX pistol (providing I can get/find one) and file paper work to SBR it? I'm new to the whole SBR thing and admittedly because it's intimidating to me. I'm dying for an MPX, would love the pistol variant, but would settle for the carbine if need be

The scorpion sucks as a pistol. While waiting for the form 1 approval I shot it a single time during that near year long wait. As an SBR it brings a smile to everyone's face that shoots it and with a can its stupid fun. Nearly no recoil and not intimidating at all. My wife knocks down steel like a champ with it.

I was debating between the MPX and the Scorpion too. The price of the Sig and the mags were the deciding factor... Sig mags were almost double the price as CZ when I was looking.

Now hk94 clone vs Scorpion is another question.

I bought a scorpion from Bay State Firearms in Peabody. They had both options, but I went with the non-shrouded barrel. They had a gunsmith pin (I think they said he actually used epoxy?) the folding stock.

It's a fun gun. pretty accurate out of the box with a bunch of different types of ammo. much better trigger after you install some lighter springs from HBI Industries. Plus, spare mags are cheap.

forgot about the stock having to be pinned. Ugh[rolleyes]

Is only the 9mm MA acceptable, not the 5.56?

I like the MPX too but it's almost double the price. HBI has a lot of good upgrades for the CZ it seems, AK lever, handguard. The 15" rail might be cool too.

Just not sure I want to spend all that on a range gun.

HBI-15.13-Scorpion-Evo-Handguard-0-600x600.jpg

That is nice looking but I hear you on the range toy $.

I recently massified a Scorpion Evo for a customer and it was kind of a PITA but not impossible. The folding nature of the stock is the trickiest part, as it usually is on most rifles being made compliant.

I recently massified a Scorpion Evo for a customer and it was kind of a PITA but not impossible. The folding nature of the stock is the trickiest part, as it usually is on most rifles being made compliant.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Don't you have to fold the stock to the side in order to take the rifle down to clean? What exactly is being pinned, the length of pull adjustment?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm wrong, but Don't you have to fold the stock to the side in order to take the rifle down to clean? What exactly is being pinned, the length of pull adjustment?

- - - Updated - - -

No, you do NOT need to fold the stock to take the rifle down for cleaning. To clean, you push out a pin which allows the trigger assembly to drop down and out, and then the bolt can be removed downward out of the bottom of the receiver.

What you cannot do with the stock pinned open is remove the stock. Removal of the stock assembly from the back of the receiver requires it to be folded to the side which allows access to a push button release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom