can i bring my pistol to Philly?

I am going to see the sox play the phillys this summer and was wondering if anyone can tell me if i can bring my pistol. I so far have found conflicting reports. That a permit is not needed in a car in PA and I could keep it in my glove box. I would plan on locking the gun unloaded in my trunk for the drive through ny.I will gas up so I dont have to stop AT ALL in NY. I dont need to carry it every where I go in pa but having it in the car would be a nice.

This remends me of the question the little old lady asked at the hardware store:

"Sonny, can I wallpaper over brick?" To which the salesman replies, "This is America. Of course you can, ma'am."

Of course you can bring you pistol to Philly.

NY state has the highest gas taxes in the country, so there are plenty of reasons to not stop in NY.

NY state has the highest gas taxes in the country, so there are plenty of reasons to not stop in NY.

Uhm they might have the highest tax, but it is cheaper than ct by far. We just got back from a trip to Virginia to look at houses and in ny it was $3.40, now when we got to ct it was much more around $3.60-$3.70. Though when we where in Virginia down around South Boston, we found stations that had it for $3.19-$3.29, and man it's so much nicer down there! You can't walk around in a store with out random people talking to saying hi and how nice it's getting outside.

Charles.

just keep in mind that a PA permit does not entitle you to carry in Philly. Philly has a separate permit process, separate from the rest of the sate. I travel through NY, NYC and NJ all the time. There is no way I would ever have a weapon in my car traveling through those Nazi states.

just keep in mind that a PA permit does not entitle you to carry in Philly. Philly has a separate permit process, separate from the rest of the sate.

Incorrect. While residents of Philadelphia need to obtain their permits in Philly, the city honors any permit honored elsewhere in the state.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/concealed-carry

"For residents, the applications are handled by their county sheriff's office, with the exception of Philadelphia where they are handled by the Gun Permits & Tracking Unit of the Philadelphia Police Department. It should be noted that permits issued by one county must be honored by all counties including Philadelphia regardless of rumors to the contrary."

Last edited:
Incorrect. While residents of Philadelphia need to obtain their permits in Philly, the city honors any permit honored elsewhere in the state.

Carrying a Concealed Firearm/Gun in Pennsylvania

"For residents, the applications are handled by their county sheriff's office, with the exception of Philadelphia where they are handled by the Gun Permits & Tracking Unit of the Philadelphia Police Department. It should be noted that permits issued by one county must be honored by all counties including Philadelphia regardless of rumors to the contrary."

Philly cops tend to enforce their own arbitrary rules when it comes to firearms.

It's time to get your Utah / Florida Permit...

-mass-utah-florida-permit-class.-

Florida's permit won't work after June 8th: Kane acts to close 'Florida loophole' for concealed weapons - Philly.com

just keep in mind that a PA permit does not entitle you to carry in Philly. Philly has a separate permit process, separate from the rest of the sate. I travel through NY, NYC and NJ all the time. There is no way I would ever have a weapon in my car traveling through those Nazi states.

Agree.

Back
Top Bottom