• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Camping in Skowhegan

I'm heading up to Skowhegan, ME in a couple of weeks. Plan on camping out over the weekend. Not sure what kind of fish are readily available up there. Plan on catching and releasing. I have tons of fishing poles. Just asking around as to what would be worth bringing up just to fish from a kayak as far as what kind of bait/lures. Also, from what I understand I can't carry into Maine but I can have a long gun nearby. Any guess on what I could run into up there and a recommendation for what kind of shotgun/rifle would suffice. I don't plan on hunting anything but I want to be prepared if we have any furry pissed off visitors. Thanks in advance.

You won't find many dangerous animals. A 12 gauge might be the best all around item to have.

Honestly, growing up around Belgrade/waterville, I never felt worried enough to take anything bigger than a .45 with me into the woods. Others may disagree, but I doubt you'll run into a rabbid black bear.

But make sure you check the laws, its been years since I lived in that neck of the woods. Just want to make sure they don't "bust" you for "hunting" without a license.

sent from tapatalk mobile app

Back
Top Bottom