C&R transfer question

I just bought a mil-surp rifle (being delivered this week) with my C&R. I have not as yet sent in my FA-10 form. My cousin wants to buy it from me, what is the proper way to do this? I know I have to log it in my book. He has a MA Class A permit BTY.

You need to file TWO FA-10's; one to register your receipt of the gun, the other to transfer it to your cousin. Note that a C&R is NOT a dealer's license and such an immediate transfer might draw attention.

You need to file TWO FA-10's; one to register your receipt of the gun, the other to transfer it to your cousin. Note that a C&R is NOT a dealer's license and such an immediate transfer might draw attention.

scrivener: since a C&R isnt a dealer's license, what ARE the rules in terms of transferring C&R guns that you pick up to someone else? Like are there number of transfer limitations or what? Unlike many people, I tried to search and didnt see anything that covered that aspect of a C&R.

Thanks!

Thank you, that's what I thought. I'll wait a few weeks before I transfer to him.

what ARE the rules in terms of transferring C&R guns that you pick up to someone else? Like are there number of transfer limitations or what?

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. You have to use your discretion. I think the main rule is, "don't piss off the ATF". You still have to abide by the MA four FTF sales limit though, C&R or not.

Back
Top Bottom