C&R question

Okay, am I missing something? As I've noted on other threads, I've been waiting patiently for several weeks for my C&R license to arrive. I finally came home today to a big package from the ATF. The first thing inside is a letter that begins, "Congratulations on becoming a federally licensed Collector of Curio or Relic Firearms." Underneath the letter were a bunch of blank forms, should I ever need to report a stolen firearm, amend my FFL, request new forms, etc, etc. Then several volumns on firearms laws, regulations, the C&R list, etc.

But no license...

Am I missing something here? Aren't I supposed to get some sort of tangible license? Is there another envelope coming? Some input would be great - thanks!

You should have noted in the other threads that the license comes from a totally different location, at some separate time.

The books/forms come from a warehouse in a different state than the license.

It'll come soon enough to drive you into bankruptcy! [laugh]

Stock up on Ramen in the meantime and spend your spare time reading thru those books . . . better and cheaper than sleeping pills. [wink]

Watch your mail!

Yep. Licence will arrive in an envelope. The fact that you got the manuals indicates you've been "accepted".

BTW, there are two books. One is a book of regulations specific to each state. The other is a book of regulations regarding the FFL license. Can you post what the dates on those books are? I've recently received my renewal license but didn't receive any new books and wonder if the ones I have are still current.

Thanks!

Rome

Thanks for the reassurance - I should have done my research before asking, but I was a little ticked at the time and opted to abuse this great resource instead...

Cabinetman - I don't have the books on me, but if I remember I'll post the dates tonight

For those with the 2000 version of the Fed Regs (BATFE Book) KEEP IT FOR "LIFE IN MA" as it shows the Fed AWB/hi-cap ban. The newest book deleted those sections and since they still apply in MA, it helps to keep the reference material.

I sent it out a while ago - somewhere in the 4-6 week time frame. They cashed my check 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom