C&R question: partnership = spouse ???

The C&R application packets came in today, and reading them over, I'm now wondering. Can my husband & I apply as a partnership for one license, or must we each get individual licenses? The application doesn't seem to say either way.

The form is written like you were getting a business license (01 or 07 FFL), but AFAIK the C&R is a "personal thing" and can only have 1 name on it. You each can get one and it is well worth it.

Ah, right then. So you can't just declare a partnership for the sake of the C&R. Oh well. It's by no means the end of the world. Next decision is whether to stagger our licenses or just apply at the same time.

The form is written like you were getting a business license (01 or 07 FFL), but AFAIK the C&R is a "personal thing" and can only have 1 name on it. You each can get one and it is well worth it.

I don't believe the C&R is limited to individuals. Businesses can get one, their business just can't be trading in firearms. A business entity might still have an interest in collecting firearms.

The most obvious example is that it could be advantageous for a museum to have a C&R license, but few museums are operated by individuals. They will more likely be a corporation or a partnership of some form (perhaps not even a partnership of individuals).

dsm, valid point esp with the museum example.

Still not sure they would accept just a H&W vs. a business.

Wouldn't hurt to call the Licensing Center and ask.

dsm, valid point esp with the museum example.

Still not sure they would accept just a H&W vs. a business.

Wouldn't hurt to call the Licensing Center and ask.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I will be calling the Licensing Center on Monday, and I'll post the answer I get back here.

Back
Top Bottom