C&R FFL and CT's Ammo certificate

groundscrapers

NES Member
Has anyone read into the law for the ammo certificates at all lately? I see exemptions for dealer to dealer or manufacturer but i'm not sure if an 03FFL will fall under that scope. Might be worth asking them to formally define which FFL's are exempted or if its all of them. Could be another good reason to get one.

This is a really good question. You're right it would definitely be another good reason to get one because there is no way in hell I'm spending the money for a "permit" just to spend my money in CT.

This is a really good question. You're right it would definitely be another good reason to get one because there is no way in hell I'm spending the money for a "permit" just to spend my money in CT.

I agree with you about getting spending money for an id to spend more money in the state. I do have a CT non-resident pistol license because I am close to the CT line. I did not want to worry about carrying and then being on a road that put me in CT. Fortunately it qualifies but I haven't had to buy ammo in awhile. It also came in handy when I found an interesting rifle--got to avoid the waiting period.

I agree with you about getting spending money for an id to spend more money in the state. I do have a CT non-resident pistol license because I am close to the CT line. I did not want to worry about carrying and then being on a road that put me in CT. Fortunately it qualifies but I haven't had to buy ammo in awhile. It also came in handy when I found an interesting rifle--got to avoid the waiting period.

I also live on the border, but out near 6 Flags. I have thought about getting a non-res for the same reasons you got yours, but haven't yet. Really sucks to have to spend more money on another ltc just in case you wander over the imaginary line though.

I also live on the border, but out near 6 Flags. I have thought about getting a non-res for the same reasons you got yours, but haven't yet. Really sucks to have to spend more money on another ltc just in case you wander over the imaginary line though.

I am starting to collect them--MA res; CT, NH, FL, UT non-res plus C&R. At least renewals are staggered so it is not a big hit any year. I must be fully MA assimilated--accustomed to giving gov the dollars... [frown]

Getting the CT license was fairly simple but it was 7+ years ago that I got it. Renewal last year was easy too.

03 are not dealers, they are collectors

I understand this much but if the purpose of the certificate is to vett the individual wouldn't the FFL designation, regardless of which one, satisfy the needs of the state (unless the tax collection is their priority). I was more or less curious as I am covered anyway...03, 07/02SOT.

Back
Top Bottom