• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Browning maxus

Ryan137

NES Member
I'm looking to buy an auto loading shotgun and was looking at the maxus. Main use will be for clays but may see some hunting. Any thoughts on the maxus? I was looking at the carbon fiber sporting model. Also was looking at the versa max, any advantages of one over the other?
Budget is around 1300. Already have an 870 and currently shoot a bps for trap

I've never seen a Browning Maxus on any of the clay fields ( Sporting, Wobble trap, 5 Stand). Lots of Berettas and Benellis. For the amount of money you are looking to spend,check out the Berettas at Kittery, especially the A390 Sport and the 390 Sporting. Those are classic clay guns.

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
BERETTAA390 SPORTSHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$725.00

[TD="width: 712, bgcolor: #d9dad2"]
BERETTAXTREMA 2SHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$1095.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTA686 ONYX SPORTINGSHOTGUN: O/U12 GA$1325.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTA3901SHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$575.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTA682 GOLD E TRAPSHOTGUN: O/U12 GA$4500.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTA391 EXTREMA IISHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$1095.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTAAL 391 URIKASHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$775.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTAAL391SHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$895.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTAUGB25SHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$2100.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTAA391 XTREMA2SHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$1125.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

BERETTA390 SPORTINGSHOTGUN: SEMI12 GA$635.00
shim.gif
shim.gif

[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

image.jpg image.jpg I use a browning maxus with a muller choke. Get it you won't regret it. Get a muller choke set as well. Just recently switched to an o/u but I still shoot the maxus. Smoothest shooting, low recoiling, most beautiful autoloaders I've shot. It's also super light. For autoloaders I'd put money where my mouth is claiming it's the best for clay games. Me and random person traded guns for a round of trap. It was a versamax. It kicked the shit out of my compared to maxus and didn't feel as smooth. It's also substantially heavier to me. Also the load first shell underneath feature rocks. It's also super easy to clean.

Last edited:
View attachment 85040View attachment 85039I use a browning maxus with a muller choke. Get it you won't regret it. Get a muller choke set as well. Just recently switched to an o/u but I still shoot the maxus. Smoothest shooting, low recoiling, most beautiful autoloaders I've shot. It's also super light. For autoloaders I'd put money where my mouth is claiming it's the best for clay games. Me and random person traded guns for a round of trap. It was a versamax. It kicked the shit out of my compared to maxus and didn't feel as smooth. It's also substantially heavier to me. Also the load first shell underneath feature rocks. It's also super easy to clean.

Any problems with the fore end? I heard the wood ones loosen up

I am not a fan of Browning semi-auto, although a huge fan of their Over/Unders. Make sure you take a look at the update Beretta a400's, parallel stock if you want it for clays. We've got a couple of them on my jr team and they behave, easy to clean and function well.

I was working out the math and for Black Friday I can get one from bass pro for a little more then that. But just have to figure out if that's what I want before then.

Back
Top Bottom