Bridgeport, CT: Chinese Restaurant Owner Shot and Killed Robber

June4th

NES Member
Helping Kevlar here. I spotted the news on Chinese news wire first. It's nice to see a Chinese fellow went completely opposite of the cultural stereotype:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Police-identify-robbery-suspect-shot-and-killed-676260.php

BRIDGEPORT -- The owner of a West Side Chinese restaurant shot and killed one of a pair of robbers Sunday night, police said.

Allen Dixon, 21, of Bassick Avenue, who police said robbed the restaurant at gunpoint, was found dead in a car at the corner of Wood and West Taft avenues from a single gunshot wound to the upper torso. A man who police believe was Dixon's accomplice and was outside the restaurant during the robbery attempt is being sought.

Good shooting Mr. Wong!

Last edited:
I carried when I worked at my wife's family restaurant for a while. With the fast pace of the night's service and the propensity of your shirt coming untucked, it wasn't that easy unless you had a vest or a jacket.

Back in the day 70's and 80's when my dad was in the biz in NYC I remember seeing quite a few revolvers being toted. I know a few of guys were totally legit as they had connections with judges and high ranking staties but I knew a few others that weren't.

Back
Top Bottom