Breaking: Pentagon confirms may COURT MARTIAL SOLDIERS who share Christian Faith

Gidge

NES Member
The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: “Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense…Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis…”.
The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians–including chaplains !

Breaking: Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

Well being atheist is a religion. How liberalism and their promotions of gay marriage? Could say that's promotiong a "religion" ( I don't care one way or another) same old double standard

Yea, this has been going on slow burn since O took office. He and his liberal ass hat cult of progressives have been attacking Christians in the DOD for a while. Now it is getting to be more of a policy - that's how the cult of progressive liberalism works; Slow steady, incremental destruction. I don't think they realize that a majority of the US volunteer military are in fact Christians with conservative values who decide to serve their country (and I am not saying that only Christians serve, or desire to serve). You don't think these same liberal progressives would volunteer to be trigger pullers in service of country do you, that's for other people to do... I'm sure one of their goals is to destroy the powerful call many have of duty and service to country. These are powerful ideals for them to defeat using the standard toolbox of lie, demagogue, divide, demonize and conquer. So if they can't eliminate the belief from the population, change the population (i.e., change the fundamental membership of the military to those more easily manipulated by getting rid of the strong willed Christian, middle-America majority).

Atheism is most certainly a faith. The faith has its priestly class that are ordained (scientists). It has heretics (global warming opponents). it has its martyrs (Galileo and the Curie). It also has its vast majority of adherents who simply follow the motions. It's temple are the halls of higher education and state. it's crimes in the name of the faith are numerous and perform the wars of religion in the name of eugenics, racism and lust for power. The penultimate ending with the Soviet Union.

There have been an increasing number of stories of this type of behavior. Including one slide provided by the SPLI that said the Catholic Church was a hate group. To don a tin foil hat, why this purge? Make no mistake, it is a purge. We let gays serve openly but not Christians? Very recently a Chaplain was awarded a posthumous CMOH due to the example he gave to soldiers in the frozen hell of a Korean prison camp. I guess we can do without these examples now.

That any President would have the audacity to declare that the men and women that bleed their lives away to preserve our (and his) freedoms cannot profess their love for God, family or friends is disgraceful. I understand there is a time and place for everything but a total ban? This is a slap in the face to anyone that serves because they believe in "One nation, under God".

"Under God" was added to the pledge of allegiance in 1948 - half a century after the pledge was written. Added to show the heathen communists just how Godly we were. Just saying.

As a service member I don't want anyone jamming any religion down my throat, whether it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam or atheism. Because I am often away from home during times I might practice my faith, I appreciate that optional services are offered; however, I strongly object to those services being forced upon anyone. And that is what is quite often done.

I was at a school just last summer and every single attendee was forced to attend "religious services" where the chaplain claimed we were going to have a nice, non-denominational religious service where everyone of every faith would be able to be included. Then he started a prayer that sounded like Ricky Bobby saying grace - I guess he meant "every faith" as long as it was Christian.

And, no, I am not exaggerating - this was 100% mandatory with no option about it. That was made clear. I found it wrong at the time and I actually feel worse about it now because I didn't stand up and say anything.

"Under God" was added to the pledge of allegiance in 1948 - half a century after the pledge was written. Added to show the heathen communists just how Godly we were. Just saying.

As a service member I don't want anyone jamming any religion down my throat, whether it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam or atheism. Because I am often away from home during times I might practice my faith, I appreciate that optional services are offered; however, I strongly object to those services being forced upon anyone. And that is what is quite often done.

I was at a school just last summer and every single attendee was forced to attend "religious services" where the chaplain claimed we were going to have a nice, non-denominational religious service where everyone of every faith would be able to be included. Then he started a prayer that sounded like Ricky Bobby saying grace - I guess he meant "every faith" as long as it was Christian.

And, no, I am not exaggerating - this was 100% mandatory with no option about it. That was made clear. I found it wrong at the time and I actually feel worse about it now because I didn't stand up and say anything.

As a professed Christian I find the practice of anyone jamming any religious belief down on anyone objectionable, Guy. The act might have been well-intended but I'd guess that if someone forced that chaplain to sit through an Islamic meeting, he'd likely (and rightfully) scream bloody murder. He should not have done that to you and I apologize for his actions. Thank you too for serving our great country and keeping all of us safe.

Yes. As with many of the "Obama suddenly hates our military" threads here, this is one of those things that's been happening already for decades. The sky hasn't fallen yet. Step back and breathe a little. As Contramnky says, proselytizing was an offense when I was in (1994-2001) and, as That Guy said, it happened all the damn time. Most of my commanders, aside from being good guys with a lot of tactical competence, were also born-again Christians who would NOT have been happy with a non-Evangelical chaplain. Doesn't make it right, but it's been pervasive in some branches of the Army for awhile.

Guys, don't get bent out of shape over this. I just got off of Active Duty (Army), and am still in the Reserves. Proselytizing has always been an offense. This is nothing new. I'm an atheist, and I never had any problems in the service.

Contramnky is correct. Proselytizing has never been permitted although it has been tolerated in some command climates. I knew a lot of officers that were hard core evangelicals that maybe "witnessed" for their faith just a little bit too much on duty. I felt that for a long time that the Chaplains Corps should be abolished because Chaplains end up being social workers most of the time. Replace them with social workers (which the military already has) Granted, service members have the right to practice and observe their religion. I personally feel it ought to be the way that the Red Cross (which I am no fan of either) in the military: let each faith or denomination provide ministers or holy persons and let DOD provide the resources overseas. In the states, service members usually have a wide variety of options to attend religious services off their installations, or local clergy could be invited on the installation to provide services as is done with some faiths or denominations currently.

I know this is an emotional issue with many people, but I'd just as soon keep religion and faith a personal matter just like in any other vocation or profession. The military should be no different. It was different decades ago when we were predominately a protestant Christian country, but this has changed. No one should prevent you from practicing your faith, but no one should encourage you from inflicting it on others either.

Last edited:

Should'a could'a would'a.

I am not surprised because I remember all sorts of mando-activities, usually fun, but in 6 years of full time active duty, I never saw anything like this. In fact, I had to go way out of my way to find a Chaplin when I "needed" to see one, and he was adamant that I find a Catholic Chap, because he didn't want to seem like he was imposing on me.

"Foxholes know no atheists."

It's a common saying, but it's not true in my experience. Although, my unit never really spent time in foxholes, so I suppose it could be true. Perhaps foxholes know no atheists, but sandbagged fighting positions on the rooftops of occupied buildings know lots of atheists.

Seems to me that removal of anything that can give comfort or solace to our soldiers should not be barred, they deserve what they need. If anything, take the jerk that started this and throw him under a tank, never mind a bus!

I knew a lot of officers that were hard core evangelicals that maybe "witnessed" for their faith just a little bit too much on duty.

You mean like when your battalion commander, a LtCol, says something like "I haven't seen you at the the chaplain's services. You are a Christian, right?" during a Marine of the Quarter board?

Funny thing, I remember that while in boot training we needed to fill out the form to have our dog tags made. We were told to fill it all out and if we didn't have a religion, to pick one. You had to have a religion stamped on your dog tag.

You mean like when your battalion commander, a LtCol, says something like "I haven't seen you at the the chaplain's services. You are a Christian, right?" during a Marine of the Quarter board?
My wife's Company Commander had their name changed to the Templars and had TEMPLAR 6 put on the windshield of his truck in English and Arabic. In Iraq. And he wondered why he was the only CO CMDR to have a change of command in theater. He also tried to make Sunday service mandatory. That didn't fly either.

Funny thing, I remember that while in boot training we needed to fill out the form to have our dog tags made. We were told to fill it all out and if we didn't have a religion, to pick one. You had to have a religion stamped on your dog tag.
Mine are stamped "NO RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE." It was explained to me (twice) that they ask you that question so they know where to try to bury you if you are killed overseas (think France WWII).

Aloha

Guys, don't get bent out of shape over this. I just got off of Active Duty (Army), and am still in the Reserves. Proselytizing has always been an offense. This is nothing new. I'm an atheist, and I never had any problems in the service.

whoa, come on now! don't go bringing facts in here! [laugh]

for those in the cheap seats....

Proselytizing has always been an offense. This is nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Should'a could'a would'a.
Well, I was at OCS just a few months shy of being over the upper age limit, so if I got myself tossed out, I wouldn't have been able to go again even to another program somewhere else. I'm sure nobody else here ever put up with something in the military they felt was not right.[rolleyes]

This is why I don't have a problem with cracking down on proselytizing from the top. Should it be up to a student in a training school to have to stand up to the cadre for something like this? That situation is exactly what the link in the OP is aimed at.

Well, I was at OCS just a few months shy of being over the upper age limit, so if I got myself tossed out, I wouldn't have been able to go again even to another program somewhere else. I'm sure nobody else here ever put up with something in the military they felt was not right.[rolleyes]

This is why I don't have a problem with cracking down on proselytizing from the top. Should it be up to a student in a training school to have to stand up to the cadre for something like this? That situation is exactly what the link in the OP is aimed at.

the school house is NOT the place to fight those battles until AFTER you got your walking papers (DA1059 or occifer equivalent)... even then, AARs are just fluf to make the students think they value our input. [laugh]

i just did SLC last month and it was much of the same... but we're NCOs so the rule was to STFU / keep the bitching to a minimum.... go back to your unit and share what you learned...

the school house is NOT the place to fight those battles until AFTER you got your walking papers (DA1059 or occifer equivalent)... even then, AARs are just fluf to make the students think they value our input. [laugh]

i just did SLC last month and it was much of the same... but we're NCOs so the rule was to STFU / keep the bitching to a minimum.... go back to your unit and share what you learned...
Oh, I definitely put it in my AAR - and I'm sure they are currently jumping through hoops to change things. [rofl]

Interesting fact: "Jedi" is an accepted religion on military dog tags.

i have an allergy tag that says i'm allergic to bullshit too. [laugh] it's all in who you know or just get them made off post. [laugh]

i've seen some pretty funny ones over the years at SRP's.

That's encouraging to hear, Contra. Thank you for serving!

Yeah, I was referred to the Chaplin because when I took one of the MANDATORY soldier readiness evaluations overseas it said I wasn't "spiritual" enough. That was a big army, strait from the upper DoD douche bags, eval. Maybe someone is trying to crush religion; but, this isn't a valid argument towards that point.

If you've ever been in the army, you'd realize that the saying "no atheists in a fox hole" is only true because "I don't have a religion" or "I don't believe in god" are not accepted as a valid thought. I just got use to saying "I don't practice" or "I've been pushed away from the church" so I'd get left alone.

Yeah, I was referred to the Chaplin because when I took one of the MANDATORY soldier readiness evaluations overseas it said I wasn't "spiritual" enough. That was a big army, strait from the upper DoD douche bags, eval. Maybe someone is trying to crush religion; but, this isn't a valid argument towards that point.

If you've ever been in the army, you'd realize that the saying "no atheists in a fox hole" is only true because "I don't have a religion" or "I don't believe in god" are not accepted as a valid thought. I just got use to saying "I don't practice" or "I've been pushed away from the church" so I'd get left alone.

+1

*allegedly... those GAT and Comprehensive Soldier Fitness things are annonymous and do NOT require any follow ups.... *allegedly. [laugh] i always get the same thing "NOT spiritual enough" -well, they spiritually kiss my ass... i'm good.

+1

*allegedly... those GAT and Comprehensive Soldier Fitness things are annonymous and do NOT require any follow ups.... *allegedly. [laugh] i always get the same thing "NOT spiritual enough" -well, they spiritually kiss my ass... i'm good.

I should clarify, they do know what company they came from... and act further from that point. Apparently we were a company of non-believers.

Back
Top Bottom