Bought into the panic

I am embarassed to say that I bought into the panic about the possibility of reloading supplies disappearing and bought 35K primers today. I just finished a large run of 45 ACP and got to counting what I have left for primers vs projos and I had to do it. With the prices they want locally it made sense to do it in bulk. I hate buying into the hype but I guess I would rather have the primers and be wrong than be right and run out.

I am embarassed to say that I bought into the panic about the possibility of reloading supplies disappearing and bought 35K primers today. I just finished a large run of 45 ACP and got to counting what I have left for primers vs projos and I had to do it. With the prices they want locally it made sense to do it in bulk. I hate buying into the hype but I guess I would rather have the primers and be wrong than be right and run out.

Last edited:
We are our own worst enemy.
I predict that the store shelves will be bare in 6 months, then prices will go up...and stay up.

We are. Prices already are up substantially. I stopped in several shops in ME and they are wanting close to $40/1K for primers. I think that more than the availability is what sparked me to order. That is almost twice what I just paid on Line.

There's no hype about it, what you are doing is smart. I'd be doing the same thing if I had the money around.

-Mike

Wow, I'm glad my stock levels are high right now.... But I better get some more before you guys clean up..

We are our own worst enemy.
I predict that the store shelves will be bare in 6 months, then prices will go up...and stay up.

I agree shelves will be bare in six months, but I think they might be bare in three months or less as well.

I dont think we are gonna se the shotages we saw the last time for one reason, the war isnt in full swing. That is why primers were in such short supply. I have enough to last me a year or 2 so im not too worried.

I dont think we are gonna se the shotages we saw the last time for one reason, the war isnt in full swing. That is why primers were in such short supply. I have enough to last me a year or 2 so im not too worried.

I disagree, a lot of the ammo manufacturers are still having fun trying to keep up with the demand caused by Obama's presence the last time, among other things. Another huge thing that hurts is there is WAY WAY less milsurp .308 and 5.56 NATO out there than there was even four years ago. This imported milsurp ammo occupied a huge part of the market and now it is only a tiny piece of it.

It might make the carnage more mellow in the end but people are still going to go full retard- particularly if Obama gets re-elected; not to mention the tinfoiler knitting hat email circles will be going in full tilt discussing about how Obama will ban everything because he doesn't have to worry about re-election and can do whatever he wants. [rolleyes]

-Mike

I think it'll be just as bad. There are more shooters now, and everyone's going to be "Obama/Hillary/Holder/whoever is going to go all-out on guns once they win the election 'cause he can't run again". or "Oh, noes, they're going to make us use only lead-free primers with a 5-year shelf life" or "They're going to ban lead in ammo so we'll all have to buy spendy green bullets", or some sh!t like that. Choose your paranoia! [pot]

EDIT: D@mn, Mike, you beat me to it.

I think it'll be just as bad. There are more shooters now, and everyone's going to be "Obama/Hillary/Holder/whoever is going to go all-out on guns once they win the election 'cause he can't run again". or "Oh, noes, they're going to make us use only lead-free primers with a 5-year shelf life" or "They're going to ban lead in ammo so we'll all have to buy spendy green bullets", or some sh!t like that. Choose your paranoia! [pot]

EDIT: D@mn, Mike, you beat me to it.

I agree There are more shooters now, and there are tons of existing shooters that saw how bad it got last time and don't want to be there again.

Last edited:
Its already begun and not limited to just ammo. I got a catolog for an unnamed place that list a mosin 91/30 with P.O.R. (Price On Request) next to it. nothing fancy about it either just a regular round receiver 91/30. looks like everything is going to get a price hike.

I made some good money last time from panic buyers,I have high hopes for this case of .40 that I no longer need along with a Bushmaster I have no intrest in.

Bring on panic buyers I'm ready!

Since I cast my own I'm not worried about that part. Powder was never a problem last time just primers. Guess it might be time to get a couple cases of primers since I don't see a viable challenger at this time to the magic messiah.
Romney is no prize if he somehow wins so we have to pick the best we can for the house and senate in either way.
dave

Back
Top Bottom