Blue Trail Range in Connecticut WINS Lawsuit!!

All of the guys from Connecticut clearly recall the very public and contentious lawsuit, trying to shut down a very well known range. For the longest time it didn't look good but this morning I received this in my email and am very pleased for them. Just thought I'd share! Great news!!

Rome

Blue Trail Range Wins Lawsuits

WALLINGFORD – The Connecticut Superior Court has just issued a decision ending the sensational and contentious lawsuit brought by Durham land owner Pasquale DiNatale against Blue Trail Range of Wallingford, ruling in favor of the shooting range on all counts.

Blue Trail’s owner David Lyman says the range has suffered over the years due to the plaintiff’s unsubstantiated claims and all-out media war. “This decision is such a relief,” states Mr. Lyman. “The Lyman family has a long and distinguished history in the shooting sports and has always made safety its highest priority. Blue Trail prides itself on being one of the safest rifle ranges in the nation. At last, we can refocus on doing what we do best: advancing the shooting sports, coaching junior teams, and operating a premier shooting range for law enforcement and private shooters.”

Blue Trail was defended by the Law Offices of Martha A. Dean of Avon, Connecticut, supported by Craig C. Fishbein of the Fishbein Law Firm, LLC, of Wallingford, Connecticut. Attorneys Dean and Schindler of Dean’s law firm successfully defended Metacon Gun Club, Inc. of Simsbury in state and federal court in recent years. Both the Dean and Fishbein law firms are committed to the advancement of safe shooting practices and protection of our constitutional right to bear arms.

Says Dean, “Blue Trail Range is finally free of the dark cloud cast over it by uninformed and negative publicity and duplicative lawsuits.” She continued, “The judicial system provided a forum for a fair, systematic, and thorough examination of the evidence. Quite simply, the evidence did not point to Blue Trail as the source of bullets at issue.”

http://www.bluetrailrange.com/Home_Page.html

It wasn't mentioned but I sure hope that the asshat plaintiff was ordered to pay the defendant's legal fees.

It wasn't mentioned but I sure hope that the asshat plaintiff was ordered to pay the defendant's legal fees.

I hope so too. The whole lawsuit was BS of the highest degree. The plaintiff went up to the top of the "mountain" (read: not the range) and found brass "jingling" (read:either a plant or kids shooting outside the scope of the range) and tried to shut down the range. The ballistics pretty much proved it was not the range because a frickn' big ass hill was in the way. It was clear that the homeowner was either taking advantage of kids/rednecks shooting from outside the range or planted the evidence and didn't understand what he needed to plant and how.

Great news! [banana]

I used to go shooting there on the 200 yd range in my late teens and early 20s, and have fond memories of those days.

Back
Top Bottom