Bloomberg "Fake News" Outlet as the Google Result? It's started...

I'm sure a lot of you have seen that, in addition to starting fake "community organizations" like Everytown USA, Michael Bloomberg has been spending his fortune creating fake "online media outlets" like "The Trace" which print ill-informed piffel about firearms under the guise of reporting. It's all propaganda... recently "The Trace" had an article about the "high caliber" 9mm and .357, contrasted against the "low caliber" .380 and .38spl...

Anyhow, talking with a friend today, I told him that last I heard the NRA had about 4.5 million members. He decided to Google the actual number, and imagine my surprise when above the search hits there was a little box with a snippet of a "The Trace" article stating the NRA claim of 5 million members is an exaggeration or lie.

To be clear, this wasn't paid placement or an advertisement, nor was it standard SEO search result placement... If you Google "NRA how many members" the so-called "featured snippet" is taken from The Trace for some reason. Strange.

I... I think I bought your stormwalk...

Anyhow, I've always wondered how NRA gets its numbers- we dont report our deaths to them so at some point "Lifetime Membership" begs the question of "whose life?" But on the flip side its usually easy to figure out who your return to senders are with recipient unavailable.

Whichever though, not many MA NRA members because they do little for us, and to be honest, I dont like their current leadership, I think the younger folk are much more in tune with the country and especially like some of the minorities in the ranks, I hope that in the next 10 years or so the NRA will become much more diverse than what we see today.

I... I think I bought your stormwalk...

Holy hell, I think you did... at the Wizard, maybe 6-7 years ago? How the hell are ya Drix? I just moved back to the area.

Yeah the NRA has its ups and downs for sure. I still pay my dues and carry the torch because of how much training I've received thanks to them, and a few of my buddies (some you might now from our "other community") have had a lot of legal fees eaten by them as well as dodging some knockdown legal bullets. I agree overall though, but I also look at the big picture outside of the lobbying - training and safety that otherwise might not be there. It'll change and only for the better I'm sure.

Anyhow, more than anything I was just surprised given all the major media outlet coverage, and the NRAs own statements, that a relatively new fake news site somehow got top billing.

Well haven't you heard? Fake news is only "Fake News" when its from "Alt Right" sites. So if its liberal BS its ok and the MSM will probably pick up the story and run with it while not bothering to check if its true. But if its pro NRA, or pro gun its fake news no matter how true it is.

Back
Top Bottom