Black Talon ammo??

stoneypete

NES Member
I recall not that long ago a big broohaha about black talon ammo. With the recent passing of an aquaintance I have aquired one box.

Is is legal in MA? Is it more valuable as a collectable?

I'm trying to gather intel as I don't want to waste another box of collectable ammo, nor do I want to carry rounds that will get me in trouble.

It's legal here and most likely legal in the 49 other states (even NJ).

It might have some collectors value, but probably not much. Might be worth keeping as a novelty though.. Check GunBroker or Guns America and see what sellers are asking for the stuff.

FWIW... Winchester Ranger SXT is pretty much Black talon ammo under a different name.

Black Talon only has collectible value, It's pretty much replaced by the
Ranger Talon. I have a couple of boxes, mostly for nostalgic purpouses. ("EG, these
are black talons, lol ")

And "Win SXT" is NOT the same bullet as a Ranger talon loading. (eg, RA45T,
etc. ) There are some Ranger SXT loadings, but those are pretty rare, mostly
product overruns packaged in ranger boxes. Stay away. (I think CDNN
is selling some of this stuff right now- the cheap price is because it's loaded
with the crappy win SXT bullet that nobody wants).

-Mike

black talon??? you mean those kevlar defeating cop killers????

No, those were the KMT teflon coated ones the NRA was giving away free to anyone who wanted to kill cops. These are the fanged ones that expand instantly to something about the size of a softball and shred any flesh or bone in their path like a Cuisinart.

Ken

No, those were the KMT teflon coated ones the NRA was giving away free to anyone who wanted to kill cops. These are the fanged ones that expand instantly to something about the size of a softball and shred any flesh or bone in their path like a Cuisinart.

ohhhhhhh thoooooooooose ones

i knew i shoulda gone to that last nra benefit just for the freebies

Obsolete crap.

The NEW ones have infrared homing mechanisms to target babies and nursing mothers. You get them from buying boxes of Cracker Jacks and sending the boxtops through the mail.......[rolleyes]

Shit, all I have to do to get armor piercing ammo is buy some premium rifle hunting ammo loaded with bonded or all-copper bullets that penetrate halfway through an elk from stem to stern and open up into a jagged mushroom of death.

Wait, that's Fudd ammo! What will they do when the Brady Bunch comes looking for it? Will they ask the EBR guys to help? Will we tell them to f*** off?

"BlackTalons" are probably some of the most over rated, over hyped ammunition ever produced. Sell them to the first person that makes an offer on them. I guarantee you that anything shot with any regular hollow point at one fourth the price will be just as dead as with a Talon.

Back
Top Bottom