"Big medicine" guns

je25ff

NES Member
Does anyone have a safari type over under, trap door, or otherwise old school big caliber rifle? I'm wanting to get into some of the .475, .405 winchester, .505 gibbs, et. al. big caliber rifles and am just looking for some opinions on them. Someday, when I'm grayer than I am now, and the kids have left the house, I'd like to have a collection.

H&R Buffalo Classic is a heck of a lot of fun. 45/70 round kicks ass just ask the American Buffalo . Also if 45/70 is not your cup of tea you can ream them out to 45/90 , 45/110 or 45/120 . and the nice part is you can have as many calibers as you buy barrels for . I have 1 Buffalo Classic 45/70 , 1 Target Classic in 38/55 , 1 Ultra Slug Hunter in 20 ga. and 1 Ultra Rifle in .500 s&w with 7 extra barrels from 204 ruger to 45 long colt. H&Rs are well made reliable guns at an affordable price,i highly recommend them.

RPGs have less recoil and they conveniently separate head of the animal from other body parts. [laugh]

I spoke with someone that took a shore excursion from a cruise in (IIRC) the Phillipines, where the destination was a place where one could shoot a cow with an RPG.

"Best...day...of....my....****....life!" he said

[laugh]

The scary part was that the round (and cow) was $50.

Now...that's a deal!

I inherited my granddad's sporterized 1917 Enfield in 35-Whelen Improved. It's supposed to be the poor man's 375H&H. He lived in Oregon and it was his elk gun. All I know it I have a head ache after 10 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom