Beware-Volquartsen Experience

Volquartsen Purchaser,

It may not be the same for every one else but my experience with Volquartsen Rifles was awful. Their tolerances warranty 1/10,000 of an inch of being true from one end of the barrel to the other. After owning the rifle and shooting it, I found that the last 8.5 inches of the barrel was badly out of tolerance. I sent the rifle back and asked for a repair. Over the phone, I was told that the barrel could be replaced and sent back in one day. What I got was every imaginable excuse possible for delays, avoiding suggestions to resolve the problem, lack of communication despite calls and numerous e-mails. After four months, I finally asked for the return of my property not once but six times! It wasn't until I threatened legal action that my rifle was sent through the postal service not repaired. I wish I would have known what was going to happen before I had purchased one of their rifles. When dealing with Volquartsen, I can only advise that the buyer beware!

SureShot Steve

Hi JonJ,

I found your post interesting. This is my first time communicating in this format and my intent is to try and give a heads up to the unsuspecting. I know I would have appreciated a warning before I purchased a very expensive rifle. If I can do a better job of getting the message out, I am willing to listen.

Yes, it is true. I do live in Alaska. I was planning on using my rifle for spring varmint shooting in Montana.

SureShot Steve

Steve, I just found it odd or interesting if you will that you would have posted this warning on a board that's 3,000 plus miles away. Nothing more.
Volquartsen must have made you very angry and some people here may appreciate your warning.
I have to say though, it almost appears to be "low grade" spamming.
At any rate, welcome to the board and feel free to contribute to the discussions.

Back
Top Bottom