Best Offset Red Dot Mount

DarthRevan

NES Member
I've been starting to get an itch for an offset mount for either an RMR/SRO or T1/T2
What are the better setups you've been seeing? Should I be looking at other red dots for use on a 16" AR?
Current optic on rifle is an ACOG
Discuss

I like the angle that the T-Rex Arms mount puts an optic, and was about to pull the trigger on picking one up, when I found out that the company’s owner and his family are basically a cult. The search continues. I’m currently looking in Arisaka. I have a light mount from them and like their quality:

As for optics, I would consider a Holosun 507v2. Uses the RMR mounting pattern and seems to be just as durable, but offers solar backup and other features.

If you want a small closed emitter, I’ve heard the ACRO has pretty bad battery life. The Holosun 509T which just came out has a larger viewing window, and a smaller physical footprint while having normal red dot battery life. Major downside is they have a proprietary mounting pattern and industry hasn’t really made much for it yet.

I know I sound like a Holosun fanboy right now. But they’re getting to be a seriously considered player and I like solar backup to run them without batteries in the light if needed.

Last edited:
I like the angle that the T-Rex Arms mount puts an optic, and was about to pull the trigger on picking one up, when I found out that the company’s owner and his family are basically a cult.
That explains how he has so much shit.
Watching a couple videos of his and all it can do is wonder how that skinny bitch has all that money to shoot as much.

Back
Top Bottom