beretta tomcat .32 acp reviews

i am buying a beretta tomcat model 3032 .32 acp does anyone have information on the caliber i have it on layaway at a gun shop i cuz my 9 mm is too big to conceal in the summer time so i wanted the .32 acp is it effective manstopper?

I think you'll get a lot of different opinions on the effectiveness of .32ACP. The advice I've heard, that I agree with, is that a .32 on your hip is better than a .45 in your glove box.
I've handled a tomcat in the shop and think its a well built little pocket pistol. I instead opted for the Kel-Tec P3AT (.380ACP) for the larger caliber and lighter weight and cheaper price. The quality is no where close to the Beretta though. I was also considering the slightly larger Kahr PM9. A slim single stack 9mm that's not that much bigger than the Beretta. Better sights too.

i wanted a KAHR 9mm but whoa they are the BMW of 9mm three times the price of my Tomcat that i have on layaway i just hope the .32 acp can save my life when need be cuz the world is getting crazier everyday there are so many shootings its getting scary.

TXDMERC,

While you will find a very wide range of opinions on the effectiveness of the .32 Auto round against a determined assailent, I strongly agree with the belief "A .32 Auto in the pocket / hand is better than a .45 Auto in the glove compartment"

I have a very small, stainless steel .32 Auto pistol for times when I can't carry anything larger comfortably. A .32 Auto pistol is certainly capable of killing someone, however as penetration and wound trauma drop off, shot placement becomes increasingly important.

I have a NAA Guardian in .32 Auto, a Kel Tec P3AT in .380, a S&W 642 in .38 Special, a Glock 23 in .40S&W, a Dan Wesson Commander in 10mm and a Glock 20 in 10mm for increasing sizes of carry pistols depending on what I can carry comfortably in the enviornment.

Normally I would recommend something a little larger, such as the Kel Tec P3AT, which is lighter and thinner but slightly larger than the Guardian just because the larger round allows for a slightly poorer shot to be effective.

TXDMERC,

While you will find a very wide range of opinions on the effectiveness of the .32 Auto round against a determined assailent, I strongly agree with the belief "A .32 Auto in the pocket / hand is better than a .45 Auto in the glove compartment"

I have a very small, stainless steel .32 Auto pistol for times when I can't carry anything larger comfortably. A .32 Auto pistol is certainly capable of killing someone, however as penetration and wound trauma drop off, shot placement becomes increasingly important.

I have a NAA Guardian in .32 Auto, a Kel Tec P3AT in .380, a S&W 642 in .38 Special, a Glock 23 in .40S&W, a Dan Wesson Commander in 10mm and a Glock 20 in 10mm for increasing sizes of carry pistols depending on what I can carry comfortably in the enviornment.

Normally I would recommend something a little larger, such as the Kel Tec P3AT, which is lighter and thinner but slightly larger than the Guardian just because the larger round allows for a slightly poorer shot to be effective.

thats true my dire option was .32 acp , really i wanted a .380acp walther but .380 caliber is very costly and very hard to find and i shot reloads they arent as good as factory loads i noticed my friends reload they have more misfires then the factory loads i wouldnt want ot put my life on the line with a reload .

Reloads for Self-Defense

I would never recommend using Reloads in a self-defense carry weapon. Most people do not maintain their reloading areas are carefully as a modern factory, this reduces the reliability of reloads.

Second, it doesn't happen often, but when someone files a civil law-suit for wrongful death in a self-defense shooting, they sue everyone. The shooter, the gun maker, the ammunition maker, the video game maker, the store that sold the sneakers the shooter was wearing, etc.

If you handloaded the ammunition, they will name you as both the shooter and the ammunition maker. They may also "claim" that your handloaded ammuntion was "perticularly lethal" and was built with the "intent" of killing someone. While everyone on this board may realize that all of this is BS, you very well may end up in front of a jury pleading your case, not that you were justified in defending yourself, but that your "custom loaded" ammunition isn't "excessively lethal"

Tomcat is a nice, well made gun. They shoot well, point well. The only gripe that I had with the 2 I had was they were too wide (fat).
I ended up selling them and keeping the 32 kel tec.

I've never met a Beretta I didn't like. Can't go wrong on that aspect.

As far as .32acp and effective manstopper, those two phrases shouldn't even be in the same sentence. [wink]

That being said, I have a NAA .32acp that makes a nice concealable BUG. It would never be my main carry gun, but it's very comfortable in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Checkout the Beretta Forum for more info. From what I have read the Inox Tomcat is the way to go, there have been some issues of frames cracking on the black Tomcats and Berettas fix for this is to replace them with an Inox. Apparently the frames on the Inox are thicker in the weak spot.

Checkout the Beretta Forum for more info. From what I have read the Inox Tomcat is the way to go, there have been some issues of frames cracking on the black Tomcats and Berettas fix for this is to replace them with an Inox. Apparently the frames on the Inox are thicker in the weak spot.

Here is the link to the forum and the post that rcinma is referring too.

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43012

I would never recommend using Reloads in a self-defense carry weapon. Most people do not maintain their reloading areas are carefully as a modern factory, this reduces the reliability of reloads.

Second, it doesn't happen often, but when someone files a civil law-suit for wrongful death in a self-defense shooting, they sue everyone. The shooter, the gun maker, the ammunition maker, the video game maker, the store that sold the sneakers the shooter was wearing, etc.

If you handloaded the ammunition, they will name you as both the shooter and the ammunition maker. They may also "claim" that your handloaded ammuntion was "perticularly lethal" and was built with the "intent" of killing someone. While everyone on this board may realize that all of this is BS, you very well may end up in front of a jury pleading your case, not that you were justified in defending yourself, but that your "custom loaded" ammunition isn't "excessively lethal"

yeah let them sue me if a bad guy tries to rob or kill me it wouldnt be fair to me if they did kill me and i wont be alive to sue them for bodily injuring me...

i contacted beretta and they said they corrected the weak spots in tomcats made after jan 2009 the one i am buying is made after jan 2009 cuz i talke ot the gun shop owner about it too. cuz they had too many tomcats ' slides replaced they had to redo the tooling.

i got my Tomcat , it shoots excellent i bought 3 boxes of winchester silvertips and 1 box of UMC 71gr fmj so far i shot 36 silvertips and 15 fmj . it is a very accurate gun for it size i just hope it lasts me a long time and that i dont have to go thru what some guys went thru with their tomcats (knocking on wood)

Back
Top Bottom