Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 32”

45Badger

NES Member
Thoughts and experiences with this as an all around shotgun games gun? Figure it will be mostly sporting clays and casual trap.

Any notably better options at the price point?

Thanks!

Can't go wrong with the 680 series, I think they are pretty much bullet proof. 30 or 32" good selection, I have the 30" for sporting and my 32" for trap. Check Coles and Joel Etchen for good used deals.

Thoughts and experiences with this as an all around shotgun games gun? Figure it will be mostly sporting clays and casual trap.

Any notably better options at the price point?

Thanks!
Can't go wrong with the Beretta.

If you want something a little less money I bought a Winchester 101 Sporting at Cabela's, its a Cabelas only model, and I think only comes with 30" barrels. Its about 500-600 dollars less. Lots of features, ported barrels, and good quality extended chokes for the money. Mine had super nice wood, where Beretta is very plain jane on the wood in low grades. Beretta will have nicer metal finishes in the reciever and come with a case.

I've shot a lot of perfect skeet rounds with the 101 and love it for sporting clays.

The SP comes in two flavors--Sporting and Field.

Sporting model has a wider rib, mid bead, and manual safety. That's the one you want for clays. Sometimes available at FS locally.

Built for a lifetime, and can be serviced at Coles in Maine if needed. If it fit you you never have to buy another clays gun.

Great shotgun. If it fits you properly you’ll probably never NEED another shotgun because they’re built to last. There are proportional differences in the sporting & field models though so make sure you shoulder them first to see what fits you best. Personally I prefer 32” barrels even on the skeet field. In the same price range Browning OU’s are worth handling too.

I think functionally and quality wise it's a toss up between Beretta and Browning, at that price point.

Fit is the differentiator. I've shot a Beretta Sporting SP for years. Shoot it decen/respectably t enough on any given day. Bought a Citori for field and I may as well have been throwing rocks at the targets.

Back
Top Bottom