• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Berdan primed .30 carbine cases...

Mike 53

NES Member
Decapping a mess of .30 Carbine brass i picked up recently and bent up the pin in my Lee decapper die. Out of a couple hundred LC cases, I found 18 of the Chinese "LC 52" Berdan primed cases. Supposedly the font on the headstamp and the colorless primer sealer are indicators of their fakery. All of the ones I found had RED primer sealer like that found on genuine LC cases. [shocked]
Not sure how I ended up with these as i bought some online and also locally, can't say for sure which they came from.
Ordered some hardened replacement decap pins on Amazon...
Mike

Ugh went through that with some berdan 30-06....someone must have tossed some empties in my box after a match?

Decapping a mess of .30 Carbine brass i picked up recently and bent up the pin in my Lee decapper die.

Hate when that happens!
You simply have to look inside when dealing with range pick ups. If it was all your own ammo, I can see where you'd be more casual, but you just never know, I guess. One berdan-primed case can put you out of business unless you have extra pins or decap stems.

Was that French .30-06?

Back
Top Bottom