Battle of the Bulge match

I got this from another site:

The Scarborough Fish & Game Battle of the Bulge Match has been rescheduled for Sunday January 27th! This will be the first match held on the new High Power Range. This is an all rapid fire match. You start at the 300yd line first, then move forward to 200, then 100. No sighters allowed. Full Auto allowed at the 100yd line. Bayonet charge optional.

THE EIGHTH ANNUAL

BATTLE OF THE BULGE MATCH

TO BE HELD ON JANUARY 27th, 2008!

0830 HRS

LOCATION = 70 Holmes RD, Scarborough ME

The rules are these:

Rifle = any found at original BOTB (iron sights only). M1s, Mausers, Enfields, BARs, etc. Swedish Mausers allowed with iron sights if you don’t have a correct rifle.

Equipment = no spotting scopes, no shooting mats (shelter halves okay), no stools, slings must be of original configuration used in the BOTB: Bayonets optional, gloves recommended.

Targets = human silhouette: 75 round course of fire 25 rds. @300 yds., 25 rds. @ 200 yds., 25 rds @ 100 yds.

Positions = Any position (of standard 4 positions: prone, offhand, sitting, kneeling) may be used at all ranges (remember there may be snow on ground and range will not be plowed). Firearms may not be rested on or supported by any object other than your hand unless you were a participant in the original Battle in 1944, BAR’s may use bipod.

Time = A Time limit of 5 minutes @ 300 yds, 4 minutes @ 200 yds and 3 minutes @ 100 yds.

Match Fee = $20.00

Awards: The winner gains possession of the rotating trophy for the next year.

The B of the B matches are a lot of fun. A lot of ammo going downrange quickly. Many of the shooters come dressed for the part. The club members that I've met at the matches have been great. I hope to make it and see the new range.

I've never been to one of these. I bet it's a lot of fun. To bad it would be a 3 hr drive to get there or I would go. One of the clubs around here should do hold this. I bet there would be a great turnout.

Back
Top Bottom