Bates and Dittus TBL-37mm Launcher i'm sure this is a very stupid question but..

It only becomes a DD if you buy/make ammo for it that falls in the class of being DD. (And you should probably do some research on this, unless you plan to stick to flares, smokes, and chalk rounds).

-Mike

It was my understanding that 37mm were NOT considered firearms at all and required no licensing. You always used to be able to buy these through mailorder directly w/o ffl involvement. Has this changed?

It was my understanding that 37mm were NOT considered firearms at all and required no licensing. You always used to be able to buy these through mailorder directly w/o ffl involvement. Has this changed?

That hasn't changed. You can still buy them direct.

what WOULD you use that for other than flares, smoke? Just kind of a fun hobby gun?

A lot of people buy them to stick under the ARs to give them the m203 look..I don't personally see a lot of practical use. Nothing that you could not do with a plastic marine type flare pistol..

what WOULD you use that for other than flares, smoke? Just kind of a fun hobby gun?

Like atmay said if you register it as a DD you can use things like baton rounds and rubber buckshot rounds through it legally. Trying to buy these rounds is nearly impossible as companies typically only sell to LE agencies but you could always handload your own as the shells can be easily found online.

why would anybody go through the hoops to register a 37mm? In general they are not made for serious use and will not hold up. If some one were to do it, get a 40 w/ a rifled bbl. Randy Shivak and others used to make sub caliber sleeves to shoot 37mm as well as 12g out of them.

why would anybody go through the hoops to register a 37mm? In general they are not made for serious use and will not hold up. If some one were to do it, get a 40 w/ a rifled bbl. Randy Shivak and others used to make sub caliber sleeves to shoot 37mm as well as 12g out of them.

I agree completely...I have said it numerous times, if you want a flare launcher buy a flare launcher...If you want a grenade launcher buy a GRENADE LAUNCHER! Registering a .37mm flare gun as a DD is throwing good $$$ after bad...

P1000558.jpg

Back
Top Bottom