Bass River 3 gun match DEC 9

Match details:
Slugs - no more than 8
Rifle - no more than 80
Bird shot - no more than 45
Pistol - no more than 70

There will be rifle and slugs out to 100 yards (on re setting steel) and pistol out to 50 yards (on full paper targets)
One stage will have you carrying all of your guns with you to each shooting position, shooting the pistol last
I will need everyones help in keeping this match moving since all three guns will be used on all 4 stages. We will be pre loading the on deck shooters and everyone will be required to have chamber flags in the long guns.

So will need slings then for the rifles or are we staging all the rifles in the stage?

Last edited:
Sooo... double fisted carry?
Yup... Start with pistol holstered and rifle and shotgun on table, grab rifle and engage targets, clear rifle, grab rifle and shotgun carry both to next position, put down rifle, charge shotgun and engage targets, clear shotgun, take rifle and shotgun to next position, put rifle and shotgun on table, draw pistol engage targets. If finished unload and show clear, hammer down holster. Show clear rifle, inswrt flag,show clear shot gun, insert flag.... Range is safe

OK, gotcha!

So.. Can I use a makeshift chamber flag? i.e a looped wire tie or weed whacker string and duct tape?

I'm missing something here. Pepper poppers @ 100 yds with slugs and only eight rounds required? How many times are we expected to hit these poppers? If its eight hits, I am going to need a big box of slugs. I think we need some IPSC targets here; we could always burn the used ones to stay warm.

IPSIC at 100yds, taping paper/resetting past 20-25 yds makes for a long reset.

I understand, but shooting at what amounts to a 12 in diameter plate with a gun that groups eight inches at that distance (if you're lucky) is extremely difficult.

Gammon, not arguing with that! That's why I'm thinking about shooting "open"with a red dot on the shotgun otherwise like you and most others my score would be better just throwing the required rounds into the berm which is my plan "B".

You will be able to use sand bag rest. At Nauset I saw it done with vent rib pump no problem. Not as hard as you think.

Gammon, not arguing with that! That's why I'm thinking about shooting "open"with a red dot on the shotgun otherwise like you and most others my score would be better just throwing the required rounds into the berm which is my plan "B".

Save your money and stay out of open. The dot scope will be a slight advantage, but the real problem is the accuracy of the slugs. This should be fun.

Wanted to say thanks to Tim and the gang for letting me stop by today. Wish I didn't have to work, but had a good time while I was there. I didn't get to shoot, but met and talked to a few guys. Everybody welcomed me, and I didn't feel out of place or like the new guy, which I was. I am definitely going to make some shoots, looks like a ton of fun!

Amazing match. It's a challenge to fit all three guns into each stage and you guys made it flow really well. IN fact, this is the first match I have ever been to where it worked perfectly. Great job guys!

Now I just need to figure out where my shotgun hits at 100yds...cause I sure didn't know this afternoon!

I had a blast, Thanks to all who set this up. This was my first 3-gun. So it was pretty interesting.

And I'm looking forward to seeing how I did overall.

Chris

Great match. Thanks to all the folks at Bass River that made it happen. I really enjoyed shooting on Squad #1, co operation amongst the shooters made for light work and moved things along smoothly. Special thanks to our RO. I had no idea how much work it was to officiate a multi gun match. His professionalism and hard work made our day.

PS Thanks to Bob F for letting me borrow his shotgun. It was a real thrill to shoot a Mossberg that worked!

Your welcome Fred anytime appreciate the advice it helped a lot.

Great squad and Thank you to our RO Paige you did a great job.

Bob F

Back
Top Bottom