Basic long range shooting outing Number 2

The first outing I put on went great so as promised more outings are planed. The propose of these outings is help new shooters or experienced shooters that want a better understanding of rifle optics , such as the zeroing of optics, the estimating of range, bullet ballistics , and adjusting optics for bullet trajectory and wind drift

A bonus of these outings is the shooters will learn and use a solid prone shooting position , proven shooting mechanics , and the mathematics for figuring out trajectory and drift. Then they will be using the skills learned to estimate the range to and engage a 20” x 24” and smaller targets well over 500 yards
Attending this class you will shoot at 100 yards to zero and to practice mechanic to tighten groups
You will then shoot at 500+ yards, and finally at 800 yards if your equipment allows.

Next date September 2nd
Time frame 10 am to about 4pm
Location south central N.H minutes from the Ma border at a private long range shooting spot .

I did the first class for free and at a loss to me because it was my first class and I was unsure on how it would go but it went great everyone learned , applied what they learned and preformed awesome at the longer ranges.
But for this outing I will ask for a small fee to help me cover the cost of materials , compensate me for my time and fuel I will invest in prepping the area , and for the time I will spend preparing the class and materials.

I will be limiting the class size to 6 people to provide the best possible learning experience

Required equipment for the class:
A good rifle in .223 caliber or higher
a good quality optic with a minimum power of 9x
100 + rounds of the heaviest boat tail ammo your rifle will shoot accurately
A ground cover or a shooting mat
Calculator
Note book and pen
Backpack / rut sack
Sweatshirt or clothing to stuff in the backpack for fill
Sniper bean bag ( can be made by filling a sock with airsoft bbs or dried beans)
Bug spray
Plenty of water
Lunch
List will be added to if needed

Highly recommend to get the full benefit of the class :
A heavy barrel rifle in at least .243 w
A quality optic that has a large amount of MOA adjustment with a ranging reticle(such as a Mil-Dot )
20 MOA scope base
Match grade ammo 100+ rounds
Front sand bag
Spotting scope

To access the shooting spot without making a ½ mile hike and to avoid lugging gear around the range a 4wheel drive vehicle is suggested . We will be crossing a small shallow river and doing some minor 4 wheeling to get to the area.

In so far:
rutilate +2
rockrvr1 (for his second tour i guess i did something right lol)
ssfs11
stumppg26

outing is full

Last edited:
I'd like to add both mine and my two son's names to the list for this outing (total of three). This will be a good excuse to upgrade our scopes and make/buy shooting rests. Let us know what the cost is.

Last edited:
I'd like to add both mine and my two son's names to the list for this outing (total of three). This will be a good excuse to upgrade our scopes and make/buy shooting rests. Let us know what the cost is.

3 spots are yours I am not sure of the cost yet I trying to figure out what will be a fair price to all that attend and also be fair to myself.

there are 2 spots left to be filled

Last edited:
I want to add there is a little bit of 4 wheeling involved to get to the area so be prepared for some bangs and bumps i recommend a 4wheel drive that you do no mind getting dirty.

And i want to stress this class is more geared to newer shooters , to help them understand optics, basic trajectory, and it is an introduction into the basics of shooting at longer then normal ranges.

I will be putting on a little more advanced class to teach more in depth of the science involved in long range shooting

for all those that will be attending please message me your email, I will be sending out a learning guide for the class in a couple weeks . I will also need a little info on the rounds you will be using so I can build trajectory cards . I need to know the caliber, the bullets weight, bullet make and type, and an estimate muzzle velocity

Thanks
Eric

I'm definitely interested if you end up running another class...I just picked up a Savage 10FCP and I've been shooting a bit, but I'd love to get some real instruction so I can learn to get the best I can out of it.

I am headed out for some trigger time tomorrow I will be working on 4" and 6" round steel targets starting at 550 yards working my way out to 800. With a lot of luck and some calm weather I hope to at least score one hit on the 6" at the 800.

I'm bummed I missed this oppertunity but if you have another in the future I would love to attend. Please add me to the list of future classes (if a such a list exists?)

Please check your email I am sending out class packets with info to give you a head start on the class. I need the info on the loads you will be using ASAP to make trajectory cards for your loads and get them to you asap.

Still raining like crazy, are we doing the Somali Pirate river shoot? A 30 cal mg is about all my raft can handle. Will work on a gun mount, who has a 30 cal? I'll chip in for ammo. :)

i am heading out to check the river tomorrow it can get really high and fast and be unsafe to cross, but the is usally only after the winter thaw. At worst case we will have to postpone the class

We could do a Survivor man river crossing, just need some rope. Hopefully the next week or so are pretty dry but if not then safety first.

I had to postpone it until the 30th i sprained my neck at work and ended up with a pinched nerve... I am sure it will turn out great

Back
Top Bottom