Bangor Maine Gun Show

i'm sure the prices will be just as rediculous as they were at Augusta show. People need to stop buying from the dealers that are trying to rape us. Untill then, the prices will stay where they are.

i'm sure the prices will be just as rediculous as they were at Augusta show. People need to stop buying from the dealers that are trying to rape us. Untill then, the prices will stay where they are.

Any recommendations of dealers who sell for less?

I'll be there on Sunday like every year. Sometimes I can find a deal and Sometimes not. A ton of WAY over priced stuff but sometimes at the 11th hr I can pull a deal off. d

Any recommendations of dealers who sell for less?

Shop around.

Never buy on impulse,dealers love these kinds of people.

For instance there is a dealer here that is selling stripped lowers for $150.00..You can go to the manufacturer website and order the same lower for $119.00..That 3 seconds of shopping saved me $31.00.

4Seasons sells(or used to sell).308 for $1.00 a round,and MFL or Rileys has it for $.62 a round,that's a no brainer.

The informed shopper is a dealers worst enemy.If everyone shopped wisely,the prices of ammo and guns would come down..Unfortunately there are a lot of gun owners with a lot of money and no common sense keeping the prices artificially high.

The Bangor Show was not as bad as years past. Less “surplus” and more actual firearms and accessories. Prices were high, but they are everywhere. People were buying and dealers were willing to deal lower prices. A lot of local dealers were there who weren’t at Augusta and their prices were actually lower than their shop prices. Old Town Trading Post especially had a good selection of everything and their prices were very reasonable. Not a lot of bulk ammo. Mostly a few cases here and there. There were two ammunition dealers oner selling factory stuff and Trident with their remanufactured ammo.. They all had a lot of stock and prices what you see at your dealer shelves.
Primers were varying from $45.00 to $55.00 per thousand. They had CCI, Winchester, Remington and Federal. Seemed to be enough for those who were looking for them.
They had a Western Shootout and Quick Draw Area and it was a hoot to see the men and women there all duded up in their Old West Gear. Old Town Trading Post was running a Show Special on Uberti Replica firearms so that played well into the Old West theme.
Van Raymond had his usual two beautiful ladies behind the counter. They didn’t know squat about firearms, but who really cared.
Willy’s had their usual high class display. Well put together and well staffed with folks who know what they are talking about.
MGI was there with their latest military style weaponry. Out of my price range, but interesting.
The crowd was heavy at first, but thinned out near noon. Thankfully not as many strollers and little ones running amok this year. Had the usual spate of Internet Ninjas espousing their forum knowledge to the dealers and each other. Not a lot of whiners, they thankfully didn’t attend. One or two were encountered but were mostly ignored by everybody, which seems to be the best way to react to a whiner. Prices reflect the current market and are high, whining won’t make them go down and doing it just irritates people who don’t act like spoiled children.
Overall a good day. I enjoyed a chance to see a lot of the new product out there. Some I was amazed at (Ruger LCR) and others got a “nice try” (Technicolor Handguns) but No Thanks.

Glad I went.

Dealers were friendly and answered my noobish questions. I probably heard the same "internet expert". He was talking about his huge ammo stash, his new Kimber, etc. I also think the Maine version of "Pawn Stars" had a table there.[smile]

The Bangor Show was not as bad as years past. Less “surplus” and more actual firearms and accessories. Prices were high, but they are everywhere. People were buying and dealers were willing to deal lower prices. A lot of local dealers were there who weren’t at Augusta and their prices were actually lower than their shop prices. Old Town Trading Post especially had a good selection of everything and their prices were very reasonable. Not a lot of bulk ammo. Mostly a few cases here and there. There were two ammunition dealers oner selling factory stuff and Trident with their remanufactured ammo.. They all had a lot of stock and prices what you see at your dealer shelves.
Primers were varying from $45.00 to $55.00 per thousand. They had CCI, Winchester, Remington and Federal. Seemed to be enough for those who were looking for them.
They had a Western Shootout and Quick Draw Area and it was a hoot to see the men and women there all duded up in their Old West Gear. Old Town Trading Post was running a Show Special on Uberti Replica firearms so that played well into the Old West theme.
Van Raymond had his usual two beautiful ladies behind the counter. They didn’t know squat about firearms, but who really cared.
Willy’s had their usual high class display. Well put together and well staffed with folks who know what they are talking about.
MGI was there with their latest military style weaponry. Out of my price range, but interesting.
The crowd was heavy at first, but thinned out near noon. Thankfully not as many strollers and little ones running amok this year. Had the usual spate of Internet Ninjas espousing their forum knowledge to the dealers and each other. Not a lot of whiners, they thankfully didn’t attend. One or two were encountered but were mostly ignored by everybody, which seems to be the best way to react to a whiner. Prices reflect the current market and are high, whining won’t make them go down and doing it just irritates people who don’t act like spoiled children.
Overall a good day. I enjoyed a chance to see a lot of the new product out there. Some I was amazed at (Ruger LCR) and others got a “nice try” (Technicolor Handguns) but No Thanks.

I've heard from a couple dealers i know and patronize regularly, people complaining about the prices is nothing compared to people who just want to "check out the new stuff". Tire kickers waste there time BSing with no intent of making a purchase.

I heard later that there were BATF guys at the exits checking ID’s of purchasers and taking photos of firearms and owners.

We went in and out with firearms we owned and had purchased with no trouble at all. We didn’t see anyone doing that.

Anyone else at the show see this or hear about it?

Sounds like a 4th Amendment issue to me. If stopped I would have done what they requested as it is stupid to try and fight them on the spot. You end up wearing nice jewelry and they get to play “Bad Boys, Bad Boys” with your sorry carcass. Best to swallow a little pride and do what they request. Let the lawyers deal with it after.

PC geek - Yes I saw that Pawn Shop too. Just went on by. Most of the Internet Ninja's were young guys dragging around very young bored to death young ladies. I ran into a few. Saw my old buddy Sarge there and his grandson, about 10 years old, was an amazing pitch man. He could talk a blue streak and sold people stuff they didn't even know they wanted. I told Sarge that Billy Mays left a gap that his grand son was going to fill. Watching him work his customers was worth the price of admission.
Reputable dealers I know don't mind answering questions and showing off their stock. In many circumstances it leads to sales down the road.
I almost bought that 10mm Colt Double Eagle Van Raymond had there, but my son wanted that Taurus Judge. Only could get one so my boy came first.
Glad you enjoyed the show too. Overall a good crowd and a real nice time.

The boys from Weaponcrafttraining didn't go, primarily because we felt it was too far from the normal gun training clients that we seek out. (We had a full-house reloading class we were doing)

When they do a show, sure... they bring a lot of guns and accessories. But, the primary reason they are there is to promote the gun training classes.

They'll be at the Waterville show, Oct 3rd and 4th. Sorry I won't be there with them, I have a wedding to attend.

Back
Top Bottom