Ballistic sunglasses

My old pair scratched, but held up to major abuse. I can't remember the brand, though.

Randolph engineering .... several types. I still have my dads green aviators from the 70s although I don't wear them. I have Randolph engineering shooting glasses with the change out lenses. Recently I was given a pair of these http://shop.randolphusa.com/raptor-p5666.aspx I liked them....yes liked. They where stolen!

Anything in that $80 and above price range should work.

Oakley, Revision, ESS, and Smith all make good to great glasses. Whatever fits the best is really the issue.

Opticsplanet.com has lots to choose from.

UVEX Genesis here. $10-$15 and meets the Military Vo standard for taking a .22 cal fragment at 750fps without a breakthrough.

We use clear ones at work, too.

Try a motorcycle shop. Quality, contoured, impact resistant (rocks are hard) and uv rated also. Plus they usually have a gasket like pad around the frame to mitigate wind so small caliber rounds won't get behind them either. I've found some brands as low as $30-40. clear or smoked are readily available

I have both Wiley-x and smith. Both are great. The Wiley's are very comfortable, but I like the smith's better for everyday use.

If you are a vet/active military or firefighter/LEO/EMT you can sign up for govx.com and get 50% off smith.

- Todd

Someone posted a link not too long ago here to a lucky gunner srticle where they did some actual testing. You might be surprised how crappy/awesome some of their tested glasses were. I dont' have a link but you coudl probably google it. If I remeber right Smith Optics and Revision had some of the better tested glasses. Some of the Oakley's did ok too I think.

One of the things i remeber was that age/uv exposure could be a factor in weakening the effectiveness of eye protection. In addition, regular prescriptions glasses were downright dangerous as they pretty much explode into thousands of shards.

I have both Wiley-x and smith. Both are great. The Wiley's are very comfortable, but I like the smith's better for everyday use.

If you are a vet/active military or firefighter/LEO/EMT you can sign up for govx.com and get 50% off smith.

- Todd

I'll be looking at some Smiths soon then. I need some new work glasses.

Back
Top Bottom