AWB violation overturned in Dedham

The police confiscated the pistol and mangled the fixed magazine to the point of breaking the magazine and then ripping the fixed magazine out replacing it with a department 30 round magazine
Why would the police do this? Was it to alter the evidence to make it non-compliant so they could charge him?

Dedham has been anti-gun for years. I remember an incident many years ago when a DPD detective was in line at a store behind a resident who was carrying concealed when his jacket moved and the cop saw his pistol. He immediately confronted the licensed citizen and ordered him to hand over his permit. He then had the COP revoke it, the citizen appealed and no go. He lost his rights and as far as I know never received another LTC. f*** the DPD, I hope this is payback and some Cops not only lose their jobs but go to jail.

Dedham has been anti-gun for years. I remember an incident many years ago when a DPD detective was in line at a store behind a resident who was carrying concealed when his jacket moved and the cop saw his pistol. He immediately confronted the licensed citizen and ordered him to hand over his permit. He then had the COP revoke it, the citizen appealed and no go. He lost his rights and as far as I know never received another LTC. f*** the DPD, I hope this is payback and some Cops not only lose their jobs but go to jail.

Joe Landers? did get his LTC back, iirc, after like 2 years of court BS. He posted something about it right here on NES iirc....

How did the Dedham PD come in contact with your client? How did they become aware of the so-called violation/weapon?
THIS!!! How the hell do you get into this kind of mess with the police examining a lower you have????

I'm surprised they didn't also pursue a charge on a "collapsible" stock using this method.

IMG_0871.jpg

We need Rights Enforcement Agencies to combat(or replace) the blatantly illegal and aggressive Law Enforcement Agencies. Cops are supposed to be the good guys. Hell, I’d be a cop if the law was about justice but it doesn’t seem that way these days. Seems to be more about enforcing beurocratic “rules”.

I still can’t get over the fact that they mangled a fixed mag gun and tried to pass it off with their own 30rd mag in it. The obvious legal and ethical implications aside, how goddamned stupid are these cops and the DA?

Its more likely they were showing that the mag wasn’t “fixed”. I would be surprised if their arrest reports didn’t indicate the removed magazine was broken and they used one of their own to demonstrate how it could be removed.

Maybe I missed it but is there something to substantiate police misconduct?

Dave

Its more likely they were showing that the mag wasn’t “fixed”. I would be surprised if their arrest reports didn’t indicate the removed magazine was broken and they used one of their own to demonstrate how it could be removed.

Dave

Thats understandable, but why attach a 30 rd mag in its place then? Looks to me like someone was looking for Browning points with the DA or vice versa, you know the old" Job well done " pat on the back here is an attaboy button kind...Either way accountability here is called for.

Last edited:

Dave

Isn't fabricating evidence "something"? They had to destroy the magazine as they found it to create the crime.

Dave

According to the defense attorney, they took a fixed mag AR, broke the fixed magazine in the process of trying to remove it, replaced it with their own property, and then declared it an assault weapon to support their prosecution of this guy. How is that not misconduct? It's the equivalent of the cops confiscating a semiauto TEC-9, doing a little filing on it, and then presenting it to the court as a machinegun.

Back
Top Bottom