Auto's coming!

Overall, I like GOA's brief and I especially like how they "fight the good fight" by putting the 2A argument out front. That said, I suspect that this case has a more likely chance of going the plaintiff's way based on the second argument that the GCA does not forbid a trust from manufacturing and possessing a machine gun.

They can try, but there is zero chance of the Hughes amendment being overridden. The government doesn't want citizens easily purchasing machine guns, so it isn't going to happen.

Repealing the Hughes amendment would make it legal to build and register new transferable firearms. I won't make it any easier for anyone to get one, you would still have to jump through all the same hoops that you would now. To make it easier to purchase a machine gun would take the repeal of the 1934 National Firearms Act.

Repealing the Hughes amendment would make it legal to build and register new transferable firearms. I won't make it any easier for anyone to get one, you would still have to jump through all the same hoops that you would now. To make it easier to purchase a machine gun would take the repeal of the 1934 National Firearms Act.

repeal NFA34, GCA68, and then FOPA86 for the win. the liberty win.

It would make them orders of magnitude cheaper, and that makes it easier to obtain one.

Actually looking at your link it is.

GOA filed an amicus brief. It has already been dismissed by a one judge panel IIRC and is supposed to be appealed to get it in front of a full panel. Problems seen is that may of the arguments provided were given after the briefs were completed or were not part of the original suit and were tossed by the judge.

Rather than tailor this to a narrow, precedent provided rule and take one bite at a time like Comm2A has in the past, the kitchen sink was thrown at the court. Problem being that if the case gets decided against us, all of the arguments become invalid, rather than losing just one point of attack.

I myself am actually waiting for the court to agree that trusts can manufacture new MGs, BUT when any person touches hands to a tool while making the MG, they become the manufacturer and therefore an illegal MG has been created..... So basically you have to put a paper trust next to your tools and hope it somehow magically can make it without human help... Yes, this is the logic the ATF uses in many of their rulings and I expect the government to be about as helpful.

Would I Love to be able to make New MGs? yep. Losing the value of mine would be well worth having an open registry and some day having my kids be able to enjoy them without needing to sell a house to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom