Australia: Safer place because of strict gun laws

I like how it keeps saying "less guns, less crime", but the only numbers they really bring up only say "less guns, less gun suicide". It doesn't even mention if the overall suicide rate fell. What irritating crap.

and apparently there are more firearms in Australia now than there were BEFORE they did that big buyback

Total propaganda BS

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

They don't mention if the total number of homicides went down. You can use lots of other things besides a gun to kill people.

Not sure why anyone would care what someone for Australia has to say! Wasn't it originally a prison colony and apparently still is as far as laws go.

According to FBI stats, murders in U.S. have dropped as well over last 20 years despite huge increase in guns in circulation. Can someone confirm that I am right about this. Also, IIRC, Australia's constitution contains a similar 2A that has been decimated through legislation and the courts.

According to FBI stats, murders in U.S. have dropped as well over last 20 years despite huge increase in guns in circulation. Can someone confirm that I am right about this. Also, IIRC, Australia's constitution contains a similar 2A that has been decimated through legislation and the courts.
Yes and yes, though no one "under the crown" has a right to anything the crown doesn't want it to have.

"Subject", not "Citizen".

Baby Boom was not just a US phenomenon and crime that came with it was shared in many places around the world.

Violent crime has dropped precipitously since the peak in 1993/94 here and gun sales and ownership have gone exponential.

I've read that one reason in the drop in murder in the US may be because the ceasing of using lead as a gasoline additive. I'll dig up the report later tomorrow if anyone I'd interested

plus better medical tech = more survivors, gunshots are not death sentences as much these days

people still hate and try to kill eachother the same I am sure

Sounds like the AWB of 1994 was a complete success.[rofl]
It had already begun dropping well before the AWB was passed or in effect. They were closing the barn door after all the cows had gone...

This is not disputable from the FBI data. Not only that, but it continued to drop after the AWB expired in 2004.

Anyone who claims that it did anything at all to reduce crime is FOS and the CDC agreed when they looked at this issue prior to the expiration of the AWB in 2004.

I've read that one reason in the drop in murder in the US may be because the ceasing of using lead as a gasoline additive. I'll dig up the report later tomorrow if anyone I'd interested
Frankly, I think it was purely demographics and economics... There was an echo generation from the boomers that was the right age for violent crime during a nasty recession (from which we've still not actually recovered if one considers Federal Reserve action speaking louder than words).

89-92 (very roughly) ended with the first "jobless recovery" which have now become the norm in this over-stimulus world...

The "disclaimer" from the Australian government is that the methods used to quantify crimes changed and year-to-year comparisons may not be valid. That's what the governments says when someone observes assaults went up. When someone counters and questions whether the observed drop in homicides is also not a valid comparison - next question please.

Just as bad as Obama and Bloomberg. Proper statistics are events (assaults, homicides, etc.) per 100,000 but if those numbers don't work, they make up their own. They don't totally fabricate data, they just misinterpret the data, and let the news media spread the false conclusions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom