Atlantic Tactical - Tent Sale - 9/24 & 9/25/15

Do you think this is a prelude to them going out of business?

I mean I see four towns using this maybe...

They had that Boston Police Supply on Rt 1 in Dedham way back when...

I've been by this place several times. Never saw anyone in there. Can't imagine they're doing that well.

Do you think this is a prelude to them going out of business?

I mean I see four towns using this maybe...

They had that Boston Police Supply on Rt 1 in Dedham way back when...

I've been by this place several times. Never saw anyone in there. Can't imagine they're doing that well.

Nope, they are running this in all their stores. Likely discounting items that are being dropped from their product lines.

I've been in the store a few times and each time there were a few officers in the store.

What you don't realize is that cop shops don't "live" off the "one-offs" of officers popping in to buy something. There major revenue comes from purchase orders from PDs for quantities of stuff for the officers/department. Don't need much foot traffic to do this.

I'm unaware of "Boston Police Supply" ever being on Rte. 1 in Dedham, there is or was one (pretty sure by that name) in Hyde Park as I used to have a client out there and passed it each time on my way there and back.

AAA Police Supply is on Rte. 1 (at Rte. 128 interchange) in Dedham and does a land-mine business with PDs. They are my PD's supplier as well as BC PD's supplier (back when I worked for them). Due to location there always seems to be a few cruisers parked out front shopping. I was probably 12-14 yo when I first went in there, as my late Father sold them supplies for their boating business and there used to be a boat hanging from the ceiling over the police supplies.

I don't expect to drop by Atlantic Tactical anytime soon, nothing I need.

Nope, they are running this in all their stores. Likely discounting items that are being dropped from their product lines.

I've been in the store a few times and each time there were a few officers in the store.

What you don't realize is that cop shops don't "live" off the "one-offs" of officers popping in to buy something. There major revenue comes from purchase orders from PDs for quantities of stuff for the officers/department. Don't need much foot traffic to do this.

I'm unaware of "Boston Police Supply" ever being on Rte. 1 in Dedham, there is or was one (pretty sure by that name) in Hyde Park as I used to have a client out there and passed it each time on my way there and back.

AAA Police Supply is on Rte. 1 (at Rte. 128 interchange) in Dedham and does a land-mine business with PDs. They are my PD's supplier as well as BC PD's supplier (back when I worked for them). Due to location there always seems to be a few cruisers parked out front shopping. I was probably 12-14 yo when I first went in there, as my late Father sold them supplies for their boating business and there used to be a boat hanging from the ceiling over the police supplies.

I don't expect to drop by Atlantic Tactical anytime soon, nothing I need.

My mistake...you are absolutely right. It's the AAA Police Supply. Near what used to be a Sea ray dealer.

I might take a run in there. My wife wants to go to that new shopping center over there., I hate that kind of shopping but I could waste an hour or two in that place looking around...

Need a holster and mag pouches appropriate for IDPA... Whats' the over/under on their selling to a mere citizen?

They will sell anything except guns and "LE restricted" ammo (a couple of types only) to mere subjects. That was the word I got when I asked last time I was there some months ago. Realize all the holsters are LE style or common IWB/OWB style, not the fancy race holsters I commonly see competitive shooters use.

- - - Updated - - -

My mistake...you are absolutely right. It's the AAA Police Supply. Near what used to be a Sea ray dealer.

I might take a run in there. My wife wants to go to that new shopping center over there., I hate that kind of shopping but I could waste an hour or two in that place looking around...

AAA also was a Sea Ray dealer, same location/property. A friend who has since retired to FL bought one of his boats there.

They shut down the boat operation there some years ago.

Even when I was a PO, I could never spend more than a few minutes in AAA and I knew the owner (he's a member of Mansfield F&G as well) and most of the help back then. I just found the place boring. Nothing's changed other than I don't dress up in costumes anymore and thus don't have a need for most of what they sell. [wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom