Atlanta Area Target Stores- Unexpected Result?

Molly has her work cut out [smile]

Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said that there was no ban on guns, and it was just a “request” that the company hoped customers would honor. She said there would be no signs banning guns nor would customers with a gun be asked to leave.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1343779/ta...-attack-stores-customers/#leXWlFBUwKKpQwqU.99

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/molly-snyder/4/473/69
Molly Snyder's Overview

Current
  • Group Manager, Public Relations at Target
  • Manager Public Relations at Target
  • Manager, Communications and Reputation Management at Target

This article predicted that thugs would take aim at the target on shopper's back.

Of course, mass shooters tend to gravitate toward No Gun Zones, while ignoring such requests. Guess which symbol Target just placed on all of their customers’ backs?

Last edited:
since there IS NO GUN BAN at target, it's hard to blame a gun ban at target for crime

since there IS NO GUN BAN at target, it's hard to blame a gun ban at target for crime
Even the linked article points out it was two incidents. Probably happenstance. Otherwise it could be moronic criminals who _think_ there was a gun ban a Target.

Great replies! I must admit that the incidents are likely to be happenstance, but hey- much less of a stretch than the best of moonbat arguments.

Target being the appropriate symbol... LOL!

This, jesus H.... there is no hay to be made over this stuff... whether it's Starbucks or Target or whoever.... discussing non-policies is
great. [laugh]

-Mike

This, jesus H.... there is no hay to be made over this stuff... whether it's Starbucks or Target or whoever.... discussing non-policies is
great. [laugh]

-Mike

Perception is reality, and when the Nonsense Moms forced a response from Target PR, no matter how vague and non-commital it was to those who read it, the Nonsense Moms celebrated and anyone else who glanced at a headline understoode "TARGET BANS GUNS IN STORES".

So, the letter of the policy is not a ban, but I bet a poll of people walking into Target about whether Target bans guns or not would be overwhelmingly Yes.

10410841_4453292586953_3763100916884986163_n.jpg

So, the letter of the policy is not a ban, but I bet a poll of people walking into Target about whether Target bans guns or not would be overwhelmingly Yes.

I disagree with you, I bet that if the poll was clean (without loaded questions) I bet in most regions in the US where target stores exist, an easy 70% of the answers would be "I don't know whether or not Target bans firearms or not." This is a debate between a bunch of MDA astroturf ****wits and gun owners on social media, most of the rest of the world does not give two shits about whether Target, Starbucks, etc, ban guns in their stores or not. Most people barely know who MDA even is.

To say that "most people would think that target bans guns" would be saying that MDA is effective, and it certainly isn't. It's pure astroturf bullshit. They've successfully duped you (and a bunch of other people here) into believing that anyone actually pays attention to them outside of their anti gun social media echo chamber consisting mostly of the same bunch of shitheads that were braying about the NRA 10 years ago.

Let me give you some perspective, albeit a bit biased.... I have 125 "friends" on faceplant. Only about half of these people are what I would call "gun people". The rest are nons. Out of the nons not ONE ****ING PERSON has posted a like, shared anything anti, or referenced this debate in any way, shape or form. The reality in this country is most nons are not hard core antis, or anything remotely close to that. I realize the antis want you to suck for their propaganda, but it's pure bullshit. Most people don't give a shit. If they actually took a position one way or the other either two things would have happened already: All non-fudd guns would be banned, or we'd live in a country where even drafting any kind of gun legislation that limits ownership further in any way shape or form is a felony.

Stop giving these ****wits so much credit for something they didn't actually accomplish. It's nauseating and it only validates their existence.

-Mike

I disagree with you, I bet that if the poll was clean (without loaded questions) I bet in most regions in the US where target stores exist, an easy 70% of the answers would be "I don't know whether or not Target bans firearms or not." This is a debate between a bunch of MDA astroturf ****wits and gun owners on social media, most of the rest of the world does not give two shits about whether Target, Starbucks, etc, ban guns in their stores or not. Most people barely know who MDA even is.

To say that "most people would think that target bans guns" would be saying that MDA is effective, and it certainly isn't. It's pure astroturf bullshit. They've successfully duped you (and a bunch of other people here) into believing that anyone actually pays attention to them outside of their anti gun social media echo chamber consisting mostly of the same bunch of shitheads that were braying about the NRA 10 years ago.

Let me give you some perspective, albeit a bit biased.... I have 125 "friends" on faceplant. Only about half of these people are what I would call "gun people". The rest are nons. Out of the nons not ONE ****ING PERSON has posted a like, shared anything anti, or referenced this debate in any way, shape or form. The reality in this country is most nons are not hard core antis, or anything remotely close to that. I realize the antis want you to suck for their propaganda, but it's pure bullshit. Most people don't give a shit. If they actually took a position one way or the other either two things would have happened already: All non-fudd guns would be banned, or we'd live in a country where even drafting any kind of gun legislation that limits ownership further in any way shape or form is a felony.

Stop giving these ****wits so much credit for something they didn't actually accomplish. It's nauseating and it only validates their existence.

-Mike

Maybe you are right. I have some college classmates who are rabidly anti so maybe my sensitivity is heightened to the MDA propaganda, and no one cares (except those who do on either side).

Another win for the Moms. While they are too busy counting victims of gun violence like Speed Bump, Christopher Dorner, etc. they ignore crime in "gun-free" zones and the absurd amount of incidents where a gun STOPPED a crime!

I hope that people frequenting Target in the Atlanta area feel safer. I am sure that as long as they keep this policy, non-policy, or whatever you want to call it, there will be less customers in their stores. Hell, quite a few Wal-Marts still sell some guns!

Targets in TX are required by law to have signs saying that the ILLEGAL carrying of firearms in their stores is prohibited. That's related to the rules of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission because those stores sell beer and wine. Those are the only signs I've ever seen at a Target store. Which ironically doesn't sell targets.

Most of Chattanooga itself is pretty bad. For a city of about 1ooK it has a very high rate of shootings. There is a lot of gang activity in the city itself. The suburbs are a lot different, though.

Coincidentally, I just happened to be in a Target (Saugus) store yestrerday (not to shop....I had to pee, the only reason I'd ever go there!).

I would've liked to have seen the surprised look on any scumball's face when they saw my G22 pointed at an area just below their neck.

"Dammmmmmmm.....Guess 'dis dude didn't read dat 'No Guns' sign on da doors...."

Perception is reality, and when the Nonsense Moms forced a response from Target PR, no matter how vague and non-committal it was to those who read it, the Nonsense Moms celebrated and anyone else who glanced at a headline understood "TARGET BANS GUNS IN STORES".
Exactly! As an aside, my old bossman used to love that phrase ("Perception is reality"). That's how he'd justify criticizing his employee's work while knowing full well that the work was fine. [laugh]

Coincidentally, I just happened to be in a Target (Saugus) store yesterday (not to shop....I had to pee, the only reason I'd ever go there!).
I wouldn't even go in there to do that. [grin] Seriously, why would any self-respecting, heterosexual male enter a Target store? [thinking]

Maybe the criminals assumed law abiding gun owners would honor Target's request.
Yep.

Back
Top Bottom