At the range...

btnh6668

NES Member
Ive been using mostly splatter targets. We all know the guys who wait for you to leave to grab your brass, ive become the guy who goes through peoples old targets to grab these. So many people throw them away so I figured id just keep ripping them off and putting them in my range bag. I put them to good use. 20230805_170121.jpg

Ive been using mostly splatter targets. We all know the guys who wait for you to leave to grab your brass, ive become the guy who goes through peoples old targets to grab these. So many people throw them away so I figured id just keep ripping them off and putting them in my range bag. I put them to good use.View attachment 782239
They make Painters tape 1.5" , 2" wide , in a dozen colors Screenshot_20230806_005810_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230806_010052_Google.jpg

....absolutely no shame in grabbing them
i agree.

and i got you beat, i scan the target carriers through my spotting scope for barely used splatter targets down range then set up in front of them. guys seem to use them for kids shooting. you know, so they can see something happen and keep them interested. the best ones downrange are the ones with the big target in the center and the smaller 2 1/2" - 2 3/4" targets on each corner. the kids don't shoot at the corner targets, i guess too small, so they are clean. i shoot at those. not cause i'm cheap, but i'm lazy and don't want to walk down range. ok, ok...i may be cheap...but can we use the word frugal, please?

Ive been using mostly splatter targets. We all know the guys who wait for you to leave to grab your brass, ive become the guy who goes through peoples old targets to grab these. So many people throw them away so I figured id just keep ripping them off and putting them in my range bag. I put them to good use.View attachment 782239
Id be lying if I said I haven't done the same. I also use the same targets Broc and Signes posted, slap them on some scrap cardboard and you can't beat them for the $.

PXL_20230806_150025460.jpg

i agree.

and i got you beat, i scan the target carriers through my spotting scope for barely used splatter targets down range then set up in front of them. guys seem to use them for kids shooting. you know, so they can see something happen and keep them interested. the best ones downrange are the ones with the big target in the center and the smaller 2 1/2" - 2 3/4" targets on each corner. the kids don't shoot at the corner targets, i guess too small, so they are clean. i shoot at those. not cause i'm cheap, but i'm lazy and don't want to walk down range. ok, ok...i may be cheap...but can we use the word frugal, please?
Do people not pick up after themselves and leave targets downrange, or do you shoot the corners of some kid's target? [laugh]

Back on topic, I'll grap the splatter target dots that people leave at the range. Not only to repair my own splatter targets but I use them in the basement at a pellet rifle bullseye for the pellet trap.

like those too and will save them.

disappointed though. I saw the thread title and the time OP posted and clicked thing cool, a nightvision or tracers type thread!
I usually just disappoint woman. Sorry this is new territory for me.

Back
Top Bottom