Army Adopts G-Code, SERPA Models as New Holsters

http://kitup.military.com/2013/12/army-adopts-code-serpa-models.html

On the bright side, the good news is that the existing modular holster is going away. That "universal fit" thing was a piece of absolute garbage. Too many parts, too many steps to put together, too big and clunky.

The G-code looks good, and we all know the SERPA problems.

I'm assuming they split the buy because G-code (or Blackhawk) couldn't produce the numbers they wanted. Still, $79M buys a LOT of holsters.

Wonder what they are going to do about firing hand? The G-code looks like it may be ambidextrous, but the SERPA comes LH/RH.

What color will these come in as well? It would be like the Army to order $79M in holsters in Foliage Green (ACU) and then switch to Multicam as is predicted.

The G code is IMHO better. I have concerns about the Serps and the extended index finger to release the weapon.
(Untrained soldiers) drawing the weapon in a high stress situation may activate the trigger prematurely..

The G code is IMHO better. I have concerns about the Serps and the extended index finger to release the weapon.
(Untrained soldiers) drawing the weapon in a high stress situation may activate the trigger prematurely..

Army still mandates that handguns be carried with an empty chamber dont they?

"Army still mandates that handguns be carried with an empty chamber dont they?"

I do not believe this is practiced.
If one is transitioning to pistol because the carbine went down, the last thing you want to worry about is to rack the slide...
Unusual to see someone outside the wire (dismounted) without (at least) a carbine. (In my experience pre 2005 OEF OIF)

Currently in AF, everyone walks around condition amber on base (mag in, empty chamber). However, step outside the wire and you go condition red.

When did we change to that? I remember in 03 arguing with Army MPs about my safety being off and trying to explain it was supposed to be off.

Heading over again, soon. Finally broke down and got the Han Solo leg extender - probably can't get out of IBA now, so may as well be comfortable. Still use the old Bianchi, though. I'm not planning on needing a quickdraw, and would rather keep the s**t out with the full flap.

When did we change to that? I remember in 03 arguing with Army MPs about my safety being off and trying to explain it was supposed to be off.

Heading over again, soon. Finally broke down and got the Han Solo leg extender - probably can't get out of IBA now, so may as well be comfortable. Still use the old Bianchi, though. I'm not planning on needing a quickdraw, and would rather keep the s**t out with the full flap.

You walked around safety off? That has changed. Safety on till ready to fire. But they switched to condition amber after all the green on blue incidents.

Last edited:
Yeah - in 03 it was round in the chamber, hammer down, safety off. Some weren't too keen on the idea, but I'm a revolver guy so it was no change to me.

Just read the "Community Standards" (we didn't have THAT last time I was deployed, either) and sure enough - mag in, chamber empty. Talk about stupid.

Anyway, my leg extender came in today - fits good. Maybe I was wrong scoffing the "Han Solo holster" all this time. I'll let you know after I wear it for a few weeks. I figure for a desk jockey like me, the full flap Bianchi with leg drop on my wilderness belt should keep the gun dust free, be usable but still not make me look like a gear queer.

Majority of people I see use SERPA paddles or drop legs. The real desk jockeys have cheap leather shoulder holsters that make me want to puke. Your Bianchi will definitely make you unique. I used a TT nylon on a drop outside and a Fobus paddle inside myself.

Back
Top Bottom