• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Attacking Suspect shot and killed by armed paramedic

[rockon]

Custom Leather Holsters, Wallets, and Keychains | Savoy Leather

Savoy Leather (@savoyleather) • Instagram photos and videos

1608318797629.png

Curl is said to have approached the EMTs ‘aggressively,’ without his shirt on as they began to treat the woman. Spriggs told him to back up, only for Curl to shove Spriggs and ask him what he was going to do about it, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported. Spriggs said he defended himself after being pushed by punching Curl. Curl is then accused of brandishing his gun and shooting three times, striking both EMTs. Spriggs then pulled out his own gun, and returned fire, hitting Curl on the chest. Curl ran back inside the house screaming ‘Dad.’ His father, who has not been named, said Curl crawled into the house and lay on the kitchen floor. He was dead by the time police arrived.

Read more: Paramedic 'killed domestic abuser who shot him for treating battered girlfriend'

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Metro

MA OEMS forbids any EMS personnel from carrying and using any kind of weapon including OC or Taser.

I used to do some shooting with Swatmedic in a previous life. He was a very good shot, but he was not armed when providing medical support for LE. I haven't seen him in about ten years, so I have no idea if he is still working.

OTOH, that event took place in Arkansas, so the rules are likely completely different than what we'd see in MA.

Most in this neck of the woods I am told are forbidden to be armed. That said, there was a member here a long time ago with the username swatmedic and he worked with a buddy of mine for a large ambulance service. I know that he trained with the SWAT team, I don't know what he was authorized to carry or not as I never asked. I haven't seen him in many years now.

If you read the article you'd know that this happened in Arkansas.

Well, Mr Smarty pants, I in fact did read the article. But it doesn’t say where in Arkansas, if they were allowed to be armed by the company, the state, county or even if his position required him to be armed. Just that one of them had a gun.

But it doesn’t say where in Arkansas, if they were allowed to be armed by the company, the state, county or even if his position required him to be armed. Just that one of them had a gun.
My position is that I'm just glad that one of them could return fire, hit what he aimed at and that the good guys lived!

Most of the US isn't like MA, most states you don't need permission slips to own guns and some states allow carrying in a vehicle w/o any permission slips.

I hope he doesn't get fired/license yanked but at least he's alive.

Back
Top Bottom