Armalite Armourer's Course Date Set

2ballcane

NES Life Member
NES Member
Date is revised and confirmed for 6/24 - 6/25
Location is Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association in Hopkington, MA
http://hsasports.com/

Cost is $335.00 per person. Must be paid in advance in full and received by 6/8/2011. Cost covers course; lunch both days; and coffee & donuts both days.
The fee is non-refundable, but transferable.
Includes 2 day Armorer's course and certification from ArmaLite. Certificates are issued for students based on 100% attendance and a passing grade on the exam.
Additional Information can be viewed here:

All information has been uploaded to a share site. Feel free to download or share the link with friends.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/VAas8vXD/armourers_course.html

Password: ArmaLite

password is case sensitive - and that's a capital "L"

I expect I'll post more information as the time progresses and will continue to build an email list and advise all who PM with their information.

If you are interested now is the time to complete the registration form and remit the fee. Feel free to PM with questions. I prefer to use email so leave your email address.

We have to have 15 paid by the deadline or the course will be cancelled and all monies refunded.

Last edited:
Folks:
I am sorry to have to change the details again. Please see updated post.

What is actually required to be brought by the student, the .pdf keeps refering to "firearm supplied by student" I don't currently own an
Armalite.

Your own AR (clone) - an Armalite brand is not required. Those who have fully floated tubes may have some limitations due to the lack of available specialty tools that might be required. The focus is on armalite brand rifles - but the course speaks generally to all the clones. There are frequent references to the variations in colts, etc. The last class saw quite a cross-section, colt, armalite ar10 and ar15, bushmaster, rock river, m4s, NM, and mix-masters. No Classs III firearms though.

Can you provide a detailed list of "must be supplied by student" ie; brought to class. Any tools etc....

Armalite provides the tools - however in the past some students used some of their own specialty items. You should your own bring lubricants and cleaning supplies if you want to take advantage of the opportunity while you are stripping your AR. Otherwise cleaning is not required. Approx 30 rounds of ammo is required on the second day for test fire - troubleshooting exercises. I have a syllabus prepared - just waiting for the final details to be firmed up before posting - all this information will be covered, but feel free to ask more questions.

Your own AR (clone) - an Armalite brand is not required. Those who have fully floated tubes may have some limitations due to the lack of available specialty tools that might be required. The focus is on armalite brand rifles - but the course speaks generally to all the clones. There are frequent references to the variations in colts, etc. The last class saw quite a cross-section, colt, armalite ar10 and ar15, bushmaster, rock river, m4s, NM, and mix-masters. No Classs III firearms though.

The ideal gun for this class (I took a previous one) is a standard AR15 with the handle, conventional sights, no-floated handguard, and pinned sight tower/gas block. If you have a gun where you can't screw off the flash hider or compensator, or have a free float handguard, you may miss out on some of the upper detail stripping.

One person in the class I took had a full auto M16 he used (he was a SOT dealer), but the class did not go into depth on full auto configurations other than to touch on which parts are different than semi auto.

Back
Top Bottom