Area 7 Championships 9/11 Rememberance

GeeTen

NES Member
Many thanks to Dan Hurley and the other participants for their efforts on Sunday morning, 9/11/11, at the Area 7 Championships at the Harvard Sportsmans Club. The music was a perfect compliment to Dan's well-chosen words to remember that horrible day ten years ago. We all have stories about where we were, what we were doing and how the tragic events touched us all and changed our lives. Dan managed to capture all of those memories in his thoughtful and positive comments.

And not for nuthin', but there were more than a few of us who snapped to attention when the young lady began signing our National Anthem. Now I've heard the Anthem professionally sung/played at several USA Swimming National Championships, Olympic Trials, and international competitions including the Olympic Games -- but I've never heard a better performance than the one last Sunday morning.

JMHO,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Job well done throughout the entire weekend by HSC. Very happy to hear there was time dedicated to the remembrance on Sunday.

Frank I could not agree more, Dan did a wonderful job! and the girls were amazing, I must admit I was thankful for waterproof mascara..

Oh and - Thanks for putting up with me all day ;)

I couldn't agree more. They did a beautiful job and the crowd definitely snapped to attention. It was a moving and fitting rememberance.

Back
Top Bottom