Are there IPSC practices at HSC - prepare for 1st match

Hi Guys -

I'm trying to find out if IPSC outdoor practices are still held at the Harvard Sportsmen’s Club? I looked on their web site, but didn't find anything specific.

I'd like to attend one of the next IPSC matches, either at the HSC or Manville Sportsmen’s Club and figured this would be a good primer. I've done a number of tactical rifle shoots and although I'm very safety conscious and watched part of a match, figured I could save myself from any embarrassment of just showing up for a competition shoot.

I've purchased all the gear, just need to out there now!

Thanks for the help,
greg

Harvard runs a wed night practice every week, its a great way to started. I run a practice in North Easton on Friday nights if you are interested.

I went to my first match without ever going to a IPSC practice. I told them I was a new shooter and everyone was very helpful and patient with me. If you have safe gun handling skill, just show up to a match

I went to my first match without ever going to a IPSC practice. I told them I was a new shooter and everyone was very helpful and patient with me.

Same here.

There will be many people willing to help you out if you mention that you new to USPSA / IPSC shooting.

Harvard runs a wed night practice every week, its a great way to started. I run a practice in North Easton on Friday nights if you are interested.

I went to my first match without ever going to a IPSC practice. I told them I was a new shooter and everyone was very helpful and patient with me. If you have safe gun handling skill, just show up to a match

Yeah, it's after you get experience they give you a hard time [wink] (in a good nature d way)

Go to THIS SITE and see all the matches for this area. No matter where you go, you will be welcomed. This is a great section with real fine people.

Last edited:
Harvard does run a Wed night practice.
Try and get there a little bit before 5 to help set up. It runs til just about 7PM.
If you can't make it, people roll in at any hour get set up and shoot.

To get in before 5 you might have to wait at the gate until someone with a badge comes in and lets you tag behind them.

The outdoor shooting area is your first left labeled "Cowboy shoot"

I am going to try and make it on Wed's. I went the last 2 weeks.

So did you shoot at Manville today? If so how did it go? We will be at Harvard Wed. night so come on down. We'll help you with everything and get you up to speed in no time. I didn't make Manville today as I decided to spend the day with my wife and new son.

Back
Top Bottom