Are ClamShell Devices for Pistols an NFA SBR

read

read
I read it before I posted. I am asking about the law, not their disclaimers. I understand that this is a gray area and that the BATFE is tying to impose restrictions. My question is what ATF form do I need to apply with to cover SBR's so I don't have to worry.

I’m interested in purchasing a clamshell type product for my Glock 22

Recover Tactical P-IX Modular AR Platform for Pistols – For Glock with a stock.

I am not sure if this classifies it as an NFA SBR.

Does it? And if so what ATF form do I need to submit so that I can purchase this.
If it has a stock, it would become an SBR.

If it had a brace*, or you didn’t add anything on the back, it would still be a pistol. Though the ATF is currently working to ban braces.

If it had a brace*, or you didn’t add anything on the back, it would still be a pistol. Though the ATF is currently working to ban braces.
Would it? It sure looks like it has two vertical grips. I'm not well versed in NFA, but that sounds an awful lot like AOW territory to me.

Would it? It sure looks like it has two vertical grips. I'm not well versed in NFA, but that sounds an awful lot like AOW territory to me.
Key word, vertical. 90 degrees. Those are angled, more acute than 90 degrees. Sounds pedantic, but it’s the reality.

I don’t have the determinations on hand though. And unfortunately, braces are going to be killed pretty soon with a long court battle ensuing.

Back
Top Bottom